Sign in to follow this  
oceandeep

No data to display with same XML code

Hi there,

I am new to fusionchart and doing reaseach to see i can suggest this product to my company.

I have a MSColumn3DLineDY.swf chart and call it by javascript in an plain HTML file.

<script type="text/javascript"> 
 var chart_SalesByYear = new FusionCharts("FusionCharts/MSColumn3DLineDY.swf", "SalesByYear", "450", "325", "1", "1");

//Provide entire XML data using dataXML method 
 chart_SalesByYear.setDataXML("<chart caption='Yearly Content Playback-Revenue Comparison' XAxisName='Year' palette='5' animation='1' subcaption='(Click on a column to drill-down to monthly playback in the chart below)' formatNumberScale='1' numberPrefix='' showValues='0' seriesNameInToolTip='0'><categories><category label='2005'/><category label='2006'/><category label='2007'/></categories><dataset seriesname='Licensing Revenue' alpha='50'><set value='219702' link='javaScript%3AupdateCharts%281994%29%3B'/><set value='682796' link='javaScript%3AupdateCharts%281995%29%3B'/><set value='547248' link='javaScript%3AupdateCharts%281996%29%3B'/></dataset><dataset seriesName='No. of Playbacks' parentYAxis='S' anchorSides='20'><set value='7381'/><set value='25007'/><set value='18929'/></dataset><styles><definition><style type='font' color='666666' name='CaptionFont' size='15' /><style type='font' name='SubCaptionFont' bold='0' /></definition><application><apply toObject='caption' styles='CaptionFont' /><apply toObject='SubCaption' styles='SubCaptionFont' /></application></styles></chart>");

//Finally, render the chart.
 chart_SalesByYear.render("SalesByYearDiv");
 </script> 

but when i replace the setDataURL to an XML file, which contain EXACTLY the same text, i.e:

chart_SalesByYear.setDataXML("xrDat.xml");

and place it in the same directory of the HTML containing the code, it will show "No data to display" error.

I am quite sure the text in the seperated XML is the same as those i used directly in the HTML page.

I am not using any web programming language to generate data, everything is static at the moment.

anybody have idea? thanks in advance.

but when i replace the setDataURL to an XML file, which contain EXACTLY the same text, i.e:

chart_SalesByYear.setDataXML("xrDat.xml");

It seems you typed chart_SalesByYear.setDataXML("xrDat.xml"); while using data url method. For data url method, you have to write

chart_SalesByYear.setDataURL("xrDat.xml");

Also, make sure, the name of your XML file is similar to what you are using in the code (xrDat.xml)

Edited by Guest