Sign in to follow this  
Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Bug with displayValue of set tag in Stacked Column 2D Chart

I am trying to use displayValue attribute of set tag for a Stacked Column 2D but the value mentioned in value tag is being shown and not the display value. I think this is a bug in FusionChart.

The XML is attached.

Thanks

Sandeep

Stacked.xml

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

The attribute "DisplayValue" is an attribute of the <tredlines> element and would not be effective as <set> element attribute.

In case you wish to display the values of the dataplots, please try setting the attribute "showvalue" as '1'.

Hope this helps.

Hi Basundhara

Thanks alot of your speedy reply.

If you look at the documentation at the below link

"http://www.fusioncharts.com/Docs/Contents/ChartSS/StCol2D.html"

and check the table under "set" element you will find a displayValue attribute and the corresponding discription says "If instead of the numerical value of this data, you wish to display a custom string value, you can specify the same here. Examples are annotation for a data item etc."

This is precisely the functionality that I am looking for only that it does not seem to be working.

Using the showValue I am able to get the numerical value in the bar stack but I want to display a different value than the data value.

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Sandeep,

We appologise for the inconvinience.

Please try using "displayValue" attribute in the <set> element and also please try setting the "showvalues"/"showvalue" attribute of the <chart>/<set> element(s) to '1'.

Hope this helps.

Hi Basundhara

I have tried using the displayValue but it is not working. Can you please try the XML that I have attached with the initial message and check if there is any thing wrong with it or if this is a defect in FusionChart ?

Thanks

Sandeep