Sign in to follow this  
MathieuBlr

Bug with MSColum3D and legend

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with MSColumn3D in Flash: I have only two series but the legend only displays the first one...

I create the chart dynamically like this:

var barChart:MSColumn3DChart = new MSColumn3DChart(chartContainer2MC, 1, 550, 250, 425, 325, false, "EN", "exactFit");

Thanks in advance,

Mathieu

Here is the XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Hi Mathieu,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

The XML you are using to render the MSColumn3D chart does not have the <categories> element mentioned in it.

The <categories> element lets X-axis labels of the chart to bunch together . For a Multi-series chart, it's necessary to provide data labels using <category> elements under <categories> element.

Could you please recheck with the XML and modify it as per your requirement?

Please feel free to revert in case you have any further queries on the same.

Hello,

thank you very much for your repl. Unfortunately it has not solved the issue. I have another example (same type of chart), where I have the categories set properly, yet the serie names do not show up properly on the legend (the last one in particular is not showing up).

Here is the xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Hi,

You are welcome. :)

I am afraid, I could not replicate the issue after testing your XML in our lab. :)

The XML is working perfectly and the chart is getting rendered displaying both the legends.

Please check with the screenshot of the rendered chart (using your XML) for your reference.

Please revert in case you have any further queries.

post-8143-128441586671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi,

FusionCharts supports "noScale" mode, as of now, along with 100% resizing option for the charts.

Also, in case you are using "exactFit" mode in the charts then the rendering of of the legends might not be in a proper way.

For your information, FusionCharts is going to release the next minor version, i.e, FusionCharts v3.2 which would support dynamic resizing automatically, in the "noScale" mode.

Please feel free to revert in case you have any further queries on the same.

Hi,

FusionCharts are based on "noScale" mode. In this mode there is a constant ratio of the sizes while rendering the chart. In this case, the charts and all its related features are made to fit into the Flash container intact.

In "exactFit" mode the chart is fitted into the container as the Flash Player intend to. In this case, there remains a chance of few items to get distorted as the chart is fitted into the container randomly.

Hope this helps. :)