Sanjukta

X axis labels truncation issue in Column 3D Line chart

Hi Team,

I have a Column 3d Line chart on my page. In the XML I am inserting break tags to split the x-axis labels in to multiple lines. When there are only two bars in the page (like shown in the attachments) the X-axis labels after the break are not displayed. After some trial and error I have figured out that the issue is with the labelDisplay setiing, if I set that to NONE the chart displays just fine. But when the number of bars increase to say 20 the labels seem overlapped.

What I have done is I have programatically set the labelDisplay based on the count, like if it is below 5 then I will set NONE else WRAP.

I know that this is not an elegant solution, can you suggest a way better through this? Is this a bug ?

Regards

Hari

Correct.xml

post-9381-128441586501_thumb.gif

post-9381-128441586524_thumb.gif

Wrong.xml

Hi Hari,

In FusionCharts, the charts adjust the Data labels in accordance to the specific space alotted for each label. In this case, your long labels are exceeding the space alotted hence it is getting cropped.

Could you please try including the line break " ;" in your long Data Labels to display it in multiple lines without getting cropped?

Ref.- <category label="GL02- Maintain GL Master Data vs. PR01-Vendor Master Maintenance-High" />

We have tested the "WrongXML" that you have sent. It seemed to work fine in our lab but the line break " " is included to resolve the issue permanently. You can continue using the line break even when you have lesser dataplots to display.

Please refer to the attached screenshot of the rendered chart for your reference.

Hope this helps. :)

post-8143-128441586539_thumb.jpg