nevali

exporting the chart without rendering it in the browser

I need to download the chart as pdf without rendering it in the browser.I will provide the xml and chart properties (swf file ,width,height etc ) .Is there any way that i can do that .

Hi,

I need to download the chart as pdf without rendering it in the browser

This CANNOT be done.

FusionCharts necessarily needs to render once in the browser, before any of the export handlers are called.

This is because the charts are always generated at client-side. After that, it takes a snapshot to the client-side Export component or server-side Export scripts for generation of image/PDFs.

But, we provide the solution of exporting the chart as image/pdf file, without renedering it in the browser, only for the .Net platform.

Looking forward to your feedback on the same.

Hi Sanjukta,

I am working in the .NET environment, and am trying to do just that - export the chart to an image on server side without rendering the chart in the browser. You mentioned in the above reply that you provide a solution to do that in .NET, could you show me documentation on how to do that ? It would be really helpful.

thanks,

Jaideep.

Was this solution ever published? I need to do the same thing.

I need an automated solution to generate 100s of charts and save to disk for further analysis at a later date. There is no need for me to show all the charts in a web browser.

Can this be done now? Urgent assistance required on this please. Thanks.

Hi All,

FusionCharts provides an Image Saver Assembly which exports the chart as image/pdf file, without rendering it in the browser, ONLY for the .Net platform.

In case you wish to avail this Image Saver Assembly, please drop us a mail stating your request at http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/

Looking forward to your mails.

Hi All,

Please let us know if we can do the same in java. We have a requirement in our project to render the Fusion Chart with out rendering on Browser.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Venkat.Y

Hi Venkat,

It is not possible to export charts to Image/PDF without rendering them in browser using Java, directly. But this can be achieved using various third party tools along with FusionCharts.

The exporting of charts without rendering them in browser can be done using command line execution. Below given are the two options for exporting at server-side without rendering in browser :

A. Using wkhtmltoimage : wkhtmltoimage is a simple shell utility to convert HTML to images.

B. Using PhantomJS : PhantomJS is a headless WebKit scriptable with a JavaScript API. It has fast and native support for various web standards.

The above given options take the entire web page as an input and export it to Image/PDF. Hence, for your requirement, you may create a web page dynamically and then send it as an input to these tools, which convert it to Image/PDF.

For more information, please refer the blog post :  http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2013/03/how-to-save-charts-as-images-at-server-side/

Hope this helps.