Sign in to follow this  
andy_huang

How to set tooltext has been display at all times?

Hi:

There is a problem has been troubling me,At the XML file I add tooltext by myself,I want to display tooltest's text at all times,not just when mouse move on the column,and I want display it at the top of the column,outside of the column.There are some demo code:

<chart>

<set label='John' value='420' tooltext='John Miller{br}Score: 420{br}Rank:2'/>

<set label='Mary' value='295' tooltext='Mary Evans{br}Score: 295{br}Rank:3'/>

<set label='Tom' value='523' tooltext='Tom Bowler{br}Score: 523{br}Rank:1'/>

</chart>

And there is a picture,which the effect we want to come true.

6ec14643-edbf-404b-8102-f64b.jpg

Can you give us some ideas?

Thanks.

Andy.

post-9742-128441587652_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy,

Could you please try setting the attribute "showValues" to "1" in the <set> element?

Also, please try providing the string value for the attribute "displayValue" in the <set> element to display what you intend to.

Ref.- <chart ... showValues='1' >

<set label='Jan' value='420000' displayvalue='John Miller Score:420 Rank:2 420'/>

</chart>

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Guest

Hi Sanjukta,

Thanks for you reply.

Actually,I set showValues='1' at all times,but there still are not display . and I changed the field "tooltext" to "displayvalue" as you said,but also still failed.Any other way?

regards.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

I have modified the XML that you have attached to display what you intend to.

Please check with the attached screenshot of the rendered chart and the XML for your reference.

post-8143-128441587691_thumb.jpg

Data.xml

Hi Sanjukta,

I'm so sorry to tell you that I failed again.I used the Xml you attached,but...,There is a picture you can see.I think there must some difference betwen us used version.This following code just I used,and the xml file just you attached.Is there something I missed do?or can you give us simple demo code?Thanks.

return FusionCharts.RenderChart("../FusionCharts/MSColumn3D.swf", "../BasicExample/Data/Data.xml", "", "productSales", "600", "300", false, false);

regards,

Andy

post-9742-1284415877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi Sanjukta,

I'm so sorry to post this question again.I had posted this question more than a week,but I didn't receive the reply,so,I just want to konw is there any way to come true the function?

Hope your reply.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Apologize for the delay.

Could you please enable the "debug mode" and send us the screenshot of the page for reference?

Ref.- return FusionCharts.RenderChart("../FusionCharts/MSColumn3D.swf", "../BasicExample/Data/Data.xml", "", "productSales", "600", "300", true, false);

Awaiting your reply.

Hi Andy,

You are welcome. :)

I am afraid, FusionCharts v3.0.6 does not support the "displayValue" attribute, as of now. :)

Could you please try upgrading your current version to FusionCharts v3.1.1 to make use of the attribute "displayValue"?

Please refer to the following link to upgrade your version:

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/PUC/

Hi Sanjukta,

Thanks for you reply,I had try to update my version by the link,but I don't have the account and password.That said must had buy the product can be update.Is there has offer trial version?Or can you give us other way to download the new version?

Waiting for your good news.:)

Andy.