rivernate

Mouse scroll stops over fusion charts

We are seeing a problem where when you are scrolling the page with the mouse wheel once the cursor hits the fusion chart the scroll event appears to be consumed by the fusion chart, and thus the page stops scrolling.

We see this problem with most browsers using flash 10.0 and just IE using 10.1

We are using the js to create the Fusion charts and use the following method:

var myChart = new $wnd.FusionCharts(location, divid, width, height, debug, register);

with all the parameters being passed in from GWT

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :(

Could you please send us the screen-shot of the error that you are getting?

Awaiting your reply.

There isn't any error, it just a case of when you use your mouse wheel to scroll the page, once the mouse cursor enters the fusion chart area the mouse scroll wheel no longer scrolls the page. As soon as you move the mouse out of the fusion chart area you can again scroll the page with the mouse wheel. So in essence once the mouse enters the fusion chart flash seems to be consuming all of the scroll events.

Guest Rajroop

Hello Rivernate,

I'm afraid FusionCharts can not be of much help in this regard. :(

This is a Flash-based issue, which you have correctly imbibed. The Flash object consumes the control of the mouse scroll from the window to itself.

However, you can look forward to the JavaScript (HTML5) fallback option which FusionCharts v3.2 provides for, in this regard. There, you would not face any such discrepancy, at all. :D

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, we would like to thank you for showing interest in FusionCharts.

Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue you are facing?

Waiting for your early response.

Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue you are facing?

Hi Angshu,

We are seeing this problem as well. Here are the steps to reproduce (due to the nature of the bug, a screenshot is not much use here.)

1. Go to http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/business/management-dashboard/view/
  2. Move your mouse over one of the Column charts SWF and then use the mouse wheel to scroll the page up/down. Notice the page scroll.
  3. Move your mouse over the Pie chart SWF and try the same. Notice the page does not scroll.
  4. Expected result: The SWFs should sink mouse events in a consistent manner, preferably, not at all.

Using Mac OSX, Chrome 17.0 and Flash 11.1

Thanks,

- Randy

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

We are looking into it and would get back on the same thread as soon as possible with any further developments on the same.

Hope this helps !

Hi,

It is not possible to have mouse scrolling on the page when the control rests with Pie2D chart which is rendered in Flash mode.

The Pie chart has mouse listener added to rotate the pie slices along with mouse. When one mouse event is registered in any component no other external mouse event works on that component. A very simple example is an HTML page with page scroller and it contains a TextArea with a scroller. When you scroll that page, it scrolls normally. But when you keep mouse cursor on the TextArea ant try to scroll the page with mouse scroller, the TextArea will be scrolled with mouse.

This is the reason why the Pie2D chart is avoiding mouse scrolling on the page.

As a suggestion, you may try using JavaScript variant of Pie 2D chart.

Hope this helps.
Edited by Haritha

I greatly appreciate your quick reply. I am sorry i did not put my question clearly.

I am using ScrollCombiDY2D and MSStackedColumn2D charts not pie2D and i do not have any scrolling in my chart.

see image of my chart @ https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bykwq4_td-fxNDRFYzNJNlVIak0/edit?usp=sharing

when i run it in (Mac OSX 10.8.4 , Chrome 28.0 and Flash 11.8.) and (windows 7,Chrome 28.0 and Flash 11.8.) and have my mouse pointer on the chart the page does not scroll but if i get my mouse pointer off the chart it scrolls fine.

And this happens only in chrome.

IE and firefox are scrolling fine, even if i have my mouse pointer on the chart .

And if i force the chart to render using javaScript it works fine even in chrome. but for consistent look and feel i can not force my chart to render using JavaScript.

do you have any work around for this issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you please send us a live URL so that we can test it at our end?

We tried testing the ScrollCombiDY2D chart and MSStackedColumn2D chart from our demo gallery and could not find any problem here. Could you too check the following links from our demo gallery and let us know your feedback?

http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/gallery/scroll-charts/chart.asp?id=scrollcombidy2d_1

http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/gallery/stacked-charts/chart.asp?id=msstackedcolumn2d_1

Awaiting your response.