rsprik

Making small font size legible

I'm creating a seating chart for a school information system. DragNode is working very well.... for some classes with large number of students or unique classroom layouts I have to make the student photos smaller, along with their labels (student name)... but anything below 9 renders near illegibly in an HTML browser. Only saving grace is that I can keep the tooltip font at a larger size... '9' seems to work well. Print outs of the chart are ok... it's just the screen display I'd like to make more readable.

Any tips on either (A) getting the font size smaller and legible at the same time or (B) figuring out how to get the label to be "wider" than the photo object. (Currently the label seems constrained to the width of the photo. Some sample code is below.

set x='33.75' y='54.180602' shape='RECTANGLE' width='60' height='84' color='FFFFFF' name='A****, M***** 11' alpha='100' toolText='A****, M***** 11' id='1234' imageNode='1' imageurl='/image.jpeg' imageAlign='bottom' labelAlign='top' imageHeight='63.75' imageWidth='51'

styles

definition

style name='photoLabelFont' type='font' isHTML='1' size='6'

style name='ToolTipFont' type='font' isHTML='1' size='9'

/definition

application

apply toObject='DATALABELS' styles='photoLabelFont'

apply toObject='TOOLTIP' styles='ToolTipFont'

/application

/styles

Edited by Guest

Not having used pixel fonts before, not sure about how to implement, everything I'm reading instructs to use the pixel font when "creating" the flash animation. But with FusionCharts we're using flash animations that are pre-made. What would be the method for embedding a pixel font into say, DragNode?