Trygve

Dynamic Yaxis Scaling

Hi,

I have several multiline charts where one of the data-set is much much bigger than the others making them unreadable.

In 3.2 I can hide a data-set, but to be able to read the smaller data-sets I need the chart to automatic rescale the yaxis when a data-set is enabled or disabled.

Is this possible? If not, are there any alternatives? (like enabling/disabling datasets from outside the chart and using javascript to redraw the chart)

Thanks!

Trygve

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Trygve ,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :(

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support the same as of now.

However, you can always use the interactive legends of the multi-series charts(v 3.2) to enable or disable the dataplots for better readibility.

I hope this helps.

Hi Basundhara, and thanks :)

I have already implemented interactive legends to disable data-sets, that is where the problem lies. When I disable the large dataset the small ones are still just as unreadable since they are all compressed together at the bottom. Two images attached to illustrate this.

With large dataset:

chart1z.gif

After hiding large dataset:

chart2.gif

So, hiding the large data-set does absolutely nothing with the readability :)

But is it possible to change the xml-url and regenerate the chart through javascript? If so, I could keep the disable/enable dataset buttons outside the chart and add code that will first regenerate the XML with/without the dataset and then make the chart regenerate itself.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. :)

But is it possible to change the xml-url and regenerate the chart through javascript?

Please refer to the FusionCharts and JavaScript section of the online documentation of FusionCharts.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs --> FusionCharts and JavaScript

could keep the disable/enable dataset buttons outside the chart and add code that will first regenerate the XML with/without the dataset and then make the chart regenerate itself.

I am afraid, as of now, FusionCharts does not support the same.

I hope this helps.

I am afraid, as of now, FusionCharts does not support the same.

I hope this helps.

First!

Sure it's possible :)

I managed to do this by creating the chart as a javascript object and creating a legend outside the chart. When clicking the legend, a PHP-script in an iframe updates the XML and changes the XML-url of the chart. Its not pretty as the whole chart re-renders instead of just changing the contents, but it works.