Sign in to follow this  
David Self

Export To Image Menu Not Shown Correctly If Chart Height Is Less Than 247 Pixels

When using the javascript renderer, if the chart height is less than 247 pixels, the menu that contains the options to save the chart as an image/pdf file does not display properly. Instead of dropping down, the menu expands upward, but only part of one menu item is shown since the top of the chart cuts off the rest of the menu (see attached screenshot). I've seen this is Firefox 3.6.3, IE 8.0.6001.18702, and Chrome 5.0.375.70.

I've modified the "My First chart using FusionCharts - Exporting Pure JavaScript based chart" example and changed it's height to 246 to demonstrate the problem. A chart height of 247 or greater works perfectly, but anything less than 247 does not. The relevant code is:

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('JavaScript');

var myChart = new FusionCharts("../../Charts/Column2D.swf", "myChartId", "400", "246", "0", "1");

myChart.setXMLUrl("Data.xml");

myChart.render("chartContainer");

Data.xml is the same as in your example:

<chart caption='Weekly Sales Summary' xAxisName='Week' yAxisName='Sales' numberPrefix=' exportEnabled='1' >

<set label='Week 1' value='14400' />

<set label='Week 2' value='19600' />

<set label='Week 3' value='24000' />

<set label='Week 4' value='15700' />

</chart>

Is there any way to work around this? I'm required to support charts smaller than 247 pixels.

post-10217-077601200 1286563539_thumb.png