Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Marker Placement Direct to Database

I am working on an idea for a database utilizing Fusion Maps, while everything else works well I have run into a problem and that is to allow a user to enter marker information onto a map and have this data stored in the database to allow for retrieval from a query.

I can do this manually at the moment but that is the long way around things as the user has to show or explain the positioning etc. Allowing the user to have a way of entering this data would be great.

I would be linking the data by map name and user name. There would be a need for some other information such as marker type, label placement, show/hide tooltip etc.

Not sure if this can be done but am thinking this should not be all that difficult to implement with a database connection.

I think that this would be of a value to allow for more complicated and user friendly web site.

Thanks

Vince

Vince,

You can modify our FusionMaps GUI (written in JavaScript) to allow this type of saving. Your users can then define points on the map and this could be submitted to a database.