Sign in to follow this  
shaper

Drill Down Chart - Memory Leak Issue

We review/test features of FusionCharts v3.2, to clarify whether it meets the requirements to use in a new project.

But I’ve found that chart component that supports drill down feature has memory leak problem.

I tested chart at the following link:

Test Environment: Windows XP, IE 8, Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64

I clicked on the chart for drilling down and getting linked data and then clicked back button of chart for returning to the parent chart. After that I called windows task manager and scrutinized that it shows increasing of memory (”Memory usage” column) for IE process approximately on 1-2 Mb per clicking to details and back. I performed these actions multiple times. There is no memory releasing action. It leads to lack of memory.

I tested this chart with large pack of data, and found out increasing of memory approximately on 5-7 Mb per click to details and back. It also leads to lack of memory but more quickly.

Have you reproduced the problem?

Could you provide planned date to get fixed this issue?

Edited by shaper

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! :(

We are looking into the issue. We shall get back to your as soon we come up with any solution.

Thank you for your continued patience and patronage.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! :D

We are looking into the issue. We shall get back to your as soon we come up with any solution.

Thank you for your continued patience and patronage.

Hello,

Im running FusionCharts for Sharepoint 2007 and im received Memory errors after click through my fusion chart pages. When i check Windows Task Manager i notice the memory for iexplorer is at 300-400MB. Has there been any news on this?

Hi,

Could you please let us know the steps how to re-produce it?

Using Sharepoint 2007. I have created 5 Charts. (Three 3D Bar Graphs 400X300px and 2 2D Bar Graphs 300X600). We have over 10 pages with the same graph layout and size, as i start to click through the pages and the graphs load up i see the iexplore.exe memory usage go from 89,000KB to around 300,000KB. ( Screenshot attached ).

Even if i navigate off my sharepoint site to lets say google it never releases the memory until i close it.

post-10596-061330900 1294751849_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Could you please update your Flash Player and try again?

I'm running version 10.1.85.3 Do you think the new version will help? Also im willing to pay for support, is there a number i can call for sharepoint dev support?

Thanks,

I'm running version 10.1.85.3 Do you think the new version will help? Also im willing to pay for support, is there a number i can call for sharepoint dev support?

Thanks,

I have updated to 10.1.102 version which is the newest out with the same results. I also range a Java IE Memory Leak detector and its showing 5 objects from fusioncharts.js that arent being nulled out or unloaded.