Sign in to follow this  
Amjadov

Right To Left Langauges

Hello,

When using a Right to Left language like Arabic, the words and letters get rendered correctly but the sequence of words in the sentence is wrong, like if I have the sentence "Sales Report" in Arabic, it will appear in the chart "Report Sales".

Am I doing something wrong? or FusionCharts does not support Right To Left?

Thanks.

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

FusionCharts supports only left-to-right languages as of now. It doesn't have native support for right-to-left languages like Hebrew. So, if you want to use Hebrew with FusionCharts, you'll have to programatically reverse the sequence of words/characters and then provide the same to FusionCharts.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Edited by Angie

Hi,

FusionCharts supports only left-to-right languages as of now. It doesn't have native support for right-to-left languages like Hebrew. So, if you want to use Hebrew with FusionCharts, you'll have to programatically reverse the sequence of words/characters and then provide the same to FusionCharts.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Ok, Thanks.

Is there a chance that it will support Right to Left languages in the future? and if yes when?

Guest Angie

Hi,

We have taken a note of your request here and added the same in our wishlist.

We will try to implement this feature in our next release.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!

Hi,

We have taken a note of your request here and added the same in our wishlist.

We will try to implement this feature in our next release.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a solution yet for supporting right to left languages (Arabic). I can see that it is not possible to mirror or flip the fusion charts + the reversing of words of a sentence in Arabic.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

lostInNice

P.S: You mentioned something about this in a next release. I was wondering when this would be and if solving this issue is in this release.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We are not able to commit any timeline regarding the release, we will get back to you once there is any news from our end.

Hi,

I would also like to ask adding right to left support to future version.

Oded

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We are not able to commit any timeline regarding the release, we will get back to you once there is any news from our end.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

We will definitely get back to you once there is any news from our end regarding this.

Hello,

First, I have to tell that FusionCharts is probably the best charts software.

I up this topic cause I can't find anything new about this feature.

Some of my pie charts includes labels with arab, combined with english.

Typically, a label follows the pattern: NAME - PERCENTAGE (NUMBER) and NAME can be in any lang.

I managed to handle UTF-8 on my script (even with BOM marks).

I must precise the chart is build in JS, with the String method, and updated depending external actions (checkboxes).

With an arabic NAME, i get several kind of display (just checked on Windows):

* on Firefox 18.0.2 with classic JS impl., the pattern is respected, but the arabic NAME is displayed in left-to-right order.

* on Firefox 18.0.2 with jQuery impl., the pattern is not respected. Display is: NUMBER) REVERSE_PERCENTAGE - NAME). Though, I notice the arabic NAME is correcly written.

* on Chrome 24 with classic JS impl., I get the same problem than the previous case (FF with jQuery).

I didn't tried with others browsers, cause these are the main ones used by my customers.

In conclusion, do you now have any plans to support the right-to-left languages? Or, is there an already existing solution about this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance :-)

monsieurjplus

A quick UP

Cause this problem is always without answer for me

Thank you :)

monsieurjplus

Hello,

First, I have to tell that FusionCharts is probably the best charts software.

I up this topic cause I can't find anything new about this feature.

Some of my pie charts includes labels with arab, combined with english.

Typically, a label follows the pattern: NAME - PERCENTAGE (NUMBER) and NAME can be in any lang.

I managed to handle UTF-8 on my script (even with BOM marks).

I must precise the chart is build in JS, with the String method, and updated depending external actions (checkboxes).

With an arabic NAME, i get several kind of display (just checked on Windows):

* on Firefox 18.0.2 with classic JS impl., the pattern is respected, but the arabic NAME is displayed in left-to-right order.

* on Firefox 18.0.2 with jQuery impl., the pattern is not respected. Display is: NUMBER) REVERSE_PERCENTAGE - NAME). Though, I notice the arabic NAME is correcly written.

* on Chrome 24 with classic JS impl., I get the same problem than the previous case (FF with jQuery).

I didn't tried with others browsers, cause these are the main ones used by my customers.

In conclusion, do you now have any plans to support the right-to-left languages? Or, is there an already existing solution about this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance :-)

monsieurjplus

Hi,

A quick UP

Cause this problem is always without answer for me

Thank you :)

monsieurjplus

Apologies for the delay.

Please note that in our current version, FusionCharts XT supports only left-to-right languages, as of now. It does not have native support for right-to-left languages like Arabic. So, if you want to use Hebrew with FusionCharts XT, you will have to programmatically reverse the sequence of words/characters and then provide the same to FusionCharts XT.

However, we have made a note of your suggestion and shall update it in our long-term wishlist for feasibility analysis. We shall update you in case we come up with any solution. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please note that in our current version, FusionCharts XT supports only left-to-right languages, as of now. It does not have native support for right-to-left languages like Arabic. So, if you want to use Hebrew with FusionCharts XT, you will have to programmatically reverse the sequence of words/characters and then provide the same to FusionCharts XT.

However, we have made a note of your suggestion and shall update it in our long-term wishlist for feasibility analysis. We shall update you in case we come up with any solution. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Sanjukta,

Thank you for answering me :-)

I'm disappointed to hear that but I understand this is not for you a main priority.

The real problem I encoutered is that FC has a very different behavior on several browsers.

Even if I reverse the chars of my title, it will render correctly on some browsers and will be unreadable on other ones.

Hope you'll fix this bug in a near future!

Thank you again :-)

monsieurjplus

Hi Sanjukta,

Thank you for answering me :-)

I'm disappointed to hear that but I understand this is not for you a main priority.

The real problem I encoutered is that FC has a very different behavior on several browsers.

Even if I reverse the chars of my title, it will render correctly on some browsers and will be unreadable on other ones.

Hope you'll fix this bug in a near future!

Thank you again :-)

monsieurjplus

Hi,

We have made a note of this and updated in our wishlist for our future upgrades.

In case we come up with any solution, we would update you.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.