Sign in to follow this  
ww1711

Please Tell Me This Is Possible...

Hello,

I hope that my question can be answered in a way that will please me, and my stakeholders alike...

I'm testing the export functionality in a way that I'm not sure was intended to, but I need to do it so here's my issue. I've got a page rendered with several charts on it and I want to export them all in one file. Ok, that's easy. Setup a batch export process and export them with the initiateExport() function, right? Well, that is right, but not for what I want... I want to be able to render these charts on one page within my PDF file, as opposed to a chart per page.

I've set up a single page with ONE chart on it and I'm using FCExporter.vb as the exportHandler. I've gone through the code and made some change to alter the PDF that is output so that the chart is not taking up the entire page. Ok, still with me? NOW, I've got to do this with more than my one chart... My issue here is that the chart XML needs to have, say, fcBatchExporter1 as it's exportHandler, thereby taking away the .vb file!

Is it possible to use a batch export routine without using the FusionChartsExportComponent.js file? But rather use the FCExporter.vb?

If any more clarity is needed please comment and I will cleanup the request as much as possible.

Thanks!

Guest Angie

Hi,

Could you please send us a screenshot of your requirement to look into it?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hey Angie,

I'm not sure a screenshot would be helpful. Basically, I'd like to send chart data for multiple charts to a function and then pass that data to FCExporter.aspx so that I can use that data to create a custom pdf.

Guest Angie

Hi,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Please save each of the Charts using server side "save as" exporting feature into images to your server.

2. After saving, charts can generate events. Please track those events for each of your charts in your server.

3. Last of all, please create a custom PDF and export all the charts individually in the PDF.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Hi Angie,

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction. I will look into the solution and implement accordingly.

As always, questions will be directed back to the forum if I encounter any issues.

Thanks again!

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us in case you have any further query.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

Angie, or anyone else from FusionCharts,

Is there a way that I can capture the Request("stream") of numerous charts with one click?

I'd like to take all of the chart data and combine them into one stream so that I can create the custom PDF...

Is this doable?

Thanks!

Angie, or anyone else from FusionCharts,

Is there a way that I can capture the Request("stream") of numerous charts with one click?

I'd like to take all of the chart data and combine them into one stream so that I can create the custom PDF...

Is this doable?

Thanks!

By the way, to jog your memory just in case you don't have all of the code memorized, Request("stream") is the formatted line data sent from the chart to FCExporter.aspx.vb. Ex: a 100-pixel long white line = ffffff_100

Guest Angie

Hi,

Please go through the steps below:

1. Enable client side exporting without using the FusionChartsExportComponent.js file.

2. Create a function FC_ExportDataReady() and store all the chart data in the form of arrays until all charts are loaded.

For ex: function FC_ExportDataReady(streamObj)

{ stream.push(streamObj.stream); }

3. After creating the array, post the array in your custom PDF.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Ok, so I'm banging my head against my desk with this issue...

What's the best way, in laymans terms, to do this? The ONLY thing I want to do is take the Request("stream") data from each chart after exporting has completed... I've tried using an aspx.vb exportHandler, I've tried creating a javascript function as stated above, and I can't seem to figure it out.

Please help by providing a solution that will ONLY give me the "stream" (606060_100, etc...) data from each chart. From there, I can create the image to my liking.

Thank you so much.

Edited by ww1711

Guest Angie

Hi,

Could you please send us a screenshot of your requirement?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hello again Angie,

As stated previously, I'm not sure a screenshot will prove helpful. I'm asking how to hold onto the exported color/pixel combo strings for multiple charts upon export.

I'd like to have 'x' amount of charts export and as the exported chart data is sent to the .aspx.vb export handler, I'd like to hold onto each color/pixel strings BEFORE any of the actual export processes goes through to writing the image.

So, simply stated: 5 charts, export each of their color/pixel strings (I.e. 606060_100) to a function that will save all of them, so I can then work with the various strings to create my PDF/image files.

Thanks again!