Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Help! Map not working in my web program

We're playing with the FusionMaps and have successfully opened our creation using the html shortcut from our desktop, however, ultimately I want to use it in my web program - if I can get it to work!

I clearly do not understand this line of the code:

The error I get on my computer is that "FusionMaps is undefined". Am I not putting that particular file in the proper place.

I do not write or even pretend to know/understand code. My web program is a lot of drag & drop ! Is there help for me?

Thanks,

Celeste

The map will replace this text. If any users do not have Flash Player 8 (or above), they'll see this message.

var map = new FusionMaps("FCMap_NorthCarolina.swf", "Map_Id", 900, 400, "0", "0");

map.setDataURL("Data.xml");

map.render("mapDiv");

Hi,

Please check these pointer :

1. Are you also putting the Data.xml file on the same folder?

2. Do you have the swf file in the same folder ?

3. Is your JavaScript setting is set off for your Browser?

4. Do you have Flash Player 8 or above?

IF all is ok can you please send us the screen shot of the things that you are getting?

You can also send us the the HTML file along with all the other related files (FusionCharts.js, swf, XML file ) so that we can debug.

Sudipto Choudhury (10/31/2007)
Hi,

Please check these pointer :

1. Are you also putting the Data.xml file on the same folder? Yes

2. Do you have the swf file in the same folder ? Yes

3. Is your JavaScript setting is set off for your Browser? I will assume yes since I can see the map properly by just clicking on the map.html file

4. Do you have Flash Player 8 or above?Yes

IF all is ok can you please send us the screen shot of the things that you are getting?

You can also send us the the HTML file along with all the other related files (FusionCharts.js, swf, XML file ) so that we can debug.

Where do I send the files - this is making me crazy!

Hi,

Up here your code works fine. I have opened the Map.html in Internet Explorer (6 & 7) and Firefox and its showing it fine. Currently its showing North Carolina map.

Can you please elaborate on the problem you are facing so that we can help you out of your situation quickly.

Oh it works just fine when I click on the little html symbol. It's when I try to put it into my web software that I get the first script error and it just goes downhill from there. When the site is uploaded, the message about if the user doesn't have Flash 8 etc...

Celeste

I am thrilled to report that I have successfully added the map to my site and it looks very nice! It has lead me to my next problem and in reading further about the software, I'm not certain that what I ultimately want the map to do is achievable.

Is is possible to use the map as a locator that you can click to access another url? Example, using the state of NC map, when I click on Guilford County, I want to go to the Guilford County page on my site. I have not been able to find the proper code to assign to that entity - FusionMaps is looking for something on my computer that is not there.

Thank you!

Celeste

Edited by Guest