JanNortje

Not Working Iis7 Server 2008 R2

Hi There

On my production machine VS2010 all is working 100% copying to my IIS7 windows server 2008 r2 machine the chart refuses to display I will include my source code if this helps.

In the head section of my master File I have:

<script language="JavaScript" src="js/FusionCharts.js"></script>

this is correct as i have other js files also referenced here and they work.

In my actual rendering document which is all in vb and using a scriptmanager and updatepanel for ajax here is some code i use.

<div id="chartdiv" align="center" style="width:100%">

</div>

<asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_xml" runat="server" />

<script type="text/javascript">

function do_grph() {

var xmlss = document.getElementById("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$TabContainer1$TabPanel6$HiddenField_xml").value;

var chart = new FusionCharts("Pie3D.swf", "ChartId", "600", "600", "0", "0");

chart.setDataXML(xmlss)

chart.render("chartdiv"); }

do_grph();

</script>

This all works 100% in development, the last line do_grph() has been put in for debugging but still nothing renders , any Ideas please help

Has anything been done concerning this issue? I'm having the same problem. An ASP.NET chart that works 100% on a development workstation, both in Visual Studio 2008 and 2010, 64-bit Windows 7, refuses to run under IIS7 on a 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. This has brought a concept project to a complete halt as no one can review the site on a production server. If I can't get this resolved, I'm going to have to give up on FusionCharts and move to something like ChartFX. I'd really hate to waste all the development time I spent implementing FusionCharts under ASP.NET using the DLL wrapper. Not to mention the money spent of licensing. A prior project worked fine on the server when using the standard JavaScript but I really needed to use the .NET approach for this one. I'm assuming this is strictly a FusionCharts.dll issue.

Only took a few minutes after I posted the request that I found the solution. Nothing technical but an embarassing oversight. When implementing the code, I took too literally the path to the FusionCharts area and made it absolute when I needed it to remain relative because of the deployed location. Once I made those changes, the chart works without issue.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We are glad to know that you have manged to solve your issue.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

I Still havent been abloe to resolve my Issue with server 2008 r2, kind of given up on it as it all works 100% on the development machine VS2010 but the chart refuses to render on the IIS7 server

Hi,

Could you please let us know the error you are getting also attach a screenshot of the page (with error).

And, Are you viewing the page from a 64-Bit browser?

There is no error.

It just doesnt want to render the chart, as you can see I use the Javascript method.

I am using a 64 bit browser, although this is my development machine and all works 100%, uploading it to my webserver 2008r2 64bit it just doesnt render.

I have enabled allow 32bit as well no difference.