pitommasi

Marker Coordinates

Hi! Is there a way to automatically calculate marker coordinates?

I need to put a marker following a logic (i.e. if a country has a certain value - or falls within a range of values) a marker should appear at the center of the country.

How can get this to work?

no, unfortunately, it does not help!

Markers are to be put "dinamically", at runtime, based on the values associated,

as I said in my question.

We have to retrieve data from a database and, based on the values retrieved we should set markers, so the GUI it is useless...

Guest Angie

Hi,

You would need to create your own code in order to achieve this.

I am afraid, FusionMaps does not support the feature you are looking for, at this time.

OK, the problem is not the code, the problem is the coordinates:

how do we calculate them?

I would need at least a CSV of the coordinates of the center of each country...

Do you have at least something like that?

Guest Angie

Hi,

Marker co-ordinates can be found at MarkerXML folder of the download package.

Those are coordinates for the major cities, right?

But they are not necessarily at the center of the country and there is not necessarily one for each country and only one for each country, right?

Those are coordinates for the major cities, right?

But they are not necessarily at the center of the country and there is not necessarily one for each country and only one for each country, right?

any news? opern question, here... :P

seriously, I need an answer ASAP...

OK. As I wrote on the first message, the problem is that I CANNOT USE THE GUI, BECAUSE MARKERS SHOULD APPEAR ACCORDING TO SOME RUNTIME LOGIC!

can you guys please read messages carefully before giving answers?

so: problem still not solved

and, to be honest, your answer is not entirely clear:

is there (in your markers xmls) "at least" one marker for each country or there are some countries with no marker at all?

thanks

Hi,

Please find my answers in-lined.

OK, the problem is not the code, the problem is the coordinates: how do we calculate them?

FusionMaps uses x/y coordinate based markers. Each map starts it's top-left corner (barring the margins) as zero x and y position. So please note that these are not latitude/longitude or these are not relative to the other maps in the pack. marker positions are unique for each map swf.

I would need at least a CSV of the coordinates of the center of each country...Do you have at least something like that?

I am afraid, as of now, we would not be able to provide you the coordinates of the center of each country. As of now, maps are not built this way.

Hence, we can not provide you a solution where you can place markers automatically using a run-time logic.

is there (in your markers xmls) "at least" one marker for each country or there are some countries with no marker at all?

I am afraid, we are unclear of the map (swf) which you are using. Hence, it is very difficult for us to answer this question specifically. But, in general and (if you are using World with countries map) we have not created one marker for each country. There are countries with no markers at all.