Sign in to follow this  
rajeevr

Save The Chart Image - Backend Process

Hi,

I am using batch exporting using javascript. When I click on the export chart button, it will render all the chart for save as image. I can directly save individual images or images as a single file.

But, my requirement is to save the chart image as a single file using backend process ( when i hit the URL for load the chart, it will automatically save the whole chart images to a single file in to a certain location),

not through browser, not through "export button" clicked.

Is it possible?

Hi,

I am using batch exporting using javascript. When I click on the export chart button, it will render all the chart for save as image. I can directly save individual images or images as a single file.

But, my requirement is to save the chart image as a single file using backend process ( when i hit the URL for load the chart, it will automatically save the whole chart images to a single file in to a certain location),

not through browser, not through "export button" clicked.

Is it possible?

Hi there,

I am having this rather annoying problem as well. There is a limitation in fusion charts which is:

"Please note that in both cases, the chart first needs to render in a browser, before the bitmap snapshot can be sent to server for processing. You CANNOT directly generate an image of chart on server, without actually rendering it in browser."

Refer to this section of the documentation: http://www.fusioncha...erOverview.html

I hope the functionality we are looking for will be added to the next release of FC.

View my thread here: http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/9151-how-to-email-a-fusionchart/

Edited by nonshatter

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We will try to implement the feature in our future upgrades.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!

Yes, at present, fusion charts only supports saving multiple charts images into a whole single file. If you really need to save the image into several seperate files, you can search for a certain third party image saving plugin to finish the task before fusion charts works out the required chart image exporting and saving tool.