dsmiley

Default Message Not Removed When Chart Renders

The no data to display message is not removed when the chart renders. I'm not sure if this happens all the time, or in select cases. I've attached a screen shot for reference. If there is a known work around please let me know as this holding up a product release.

post-14386-080170800 1304110519_thumb.png

I can't send you the code to test because it needs to run in conjunction with our REST API. I can run the chart in debug mode and send you the data it is using. However, I'm not sure this is going to help. Is there any information you can give me about the chart load sequence? Should I be listening for a chart event(s) before trying to set the data? Also, I am not sending the chart XML but native action script objects in accordance with the documentation at http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/docs/charts/Contents/xml_mapping_singleSeries.html. Is there any known issues with data mapping and FusionCharts?

Hi,

Could you please send us the relevant XML file so that we can test it?

Looking forward to your reply.

One other thing I noticed. Whenever the chat renders successfully I see the following trace in the flash log:

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'target'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'type'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'xmlData'

Maybe I need to wait for some sort of initialization to take place. I have tried listening for the FCRenderEvent but it is never fired. I am listening for the FCLoadEvent and waiting to set the chart data until it is received. Please help. This is urgent. We paid for the license but may have to pull the charts entirely if we can't resolve this issue.

There were only two files in the archive: Funnel.swf and FusionCharts.swc. When I run the swf there is simply a no data to display message. So this was not very helpful.

Hi,

Please try using the given Funnel.swf and Funnel.swc file instead of the current ones and check if this solves the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback.