Vijaya_FC

#03091456:unable To Find The Container Dom Element.

For opening the chart in new window,

In parent window

chartObject = FusionCharts('myChartId')

window.open(URL,"Chart",'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,width=1400,height=1100,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,left = 248,top = 209')

On new window ,

var chrt = window.opener.chartObject;

chrt.render('chart1');

Its throwing the error #03091456:Unable to find the container DOM element. But the page has the div element with id chart1

Please help me resolving the issue.

Rendering FusionCharts with script in one frame/window and the container HTML element being on another frame/window is not yet supported with FusionCharts. there are security implications that are still under feasibility analysis before we go ahead and implement this feature.

Hi Shamasis,

I would like to ask for more details on this error.

I am working on single-page JS application, which provides data in reports displayed in jQuery tabs. I encounter this error few months ago, but it does not happen all the time. That is why it is not critical for me, rather annoying. However this makes it hard to reproduce and fix.

I believe it was related with timing. Maybe container was not ready on time? This is really hard to explain, because I render HTML template and attach result to DOM (with jQuery) and later I run code that parses and loads JSON data and creates chart.

Regrards,