Sign in to follow this  
paragon_jomo

Linear Gauge Multiple Pointers Obscuring Each Other

Hi,

I have a linear gauge with multiple pointers on it. Depending on the data passed in, there are cases where some of the pointers may be very close to each other, causing the pointer at the front to obscure the pointer behind it. Attached is an example of what I am talking about.

Is there anyway to avoid this? Something like a setting to force the chart to avoid this, or to bring the pointer which is being hovered over to the front?

Thanks in advance.

post-16504-023367300 1305177880_thumb.jpg

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, we would like to thank you for showing interest in FusionCharts.

Could you please send us the XML code to test it from our end?

Awaiting for your response.

Hi, thanks for the response. Here is the XML to generate the chart.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<chart xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" showBorder="0" bgColor="E0E3E4" borderAlpha="100" numberSuffix="%25" ticksBelowGauge="1" pointerBorderColor="333333" valuePadding="0" baseFontColor="333333" lowerLimit="0" upperLimit="100" showGaugeBorder="0" gaugeFillMix="" annRenderDelay="0" animation="0" showShadow="0" pointerOnTop="1" minorTMNumber="0" pointerBgColor="FFFFFF" showTickMarks="0">

<colorRange><color minValue="0" maxValue="100" alpha="0" /></colorRange>

<annotations>

<annotationGroup showBelow="1" id="Grp1">

<annotation showBorder="1" fillRatio="47.420000000,6.460000000,46.120000000" borderThickness="1" borderColor="666666" type="rectangle" x="10" y="30" toX="288" toY="60" color="5C8A39,BC8904,851E1E" />

<annotation fillAngle="270" fillRatio="0, 95, 5" fillAlpha="0,60,5" type="rectangle" x="11" y="30" toX="287" toY="60" color="FFFFFF,FFFFFF,FFFFFF" />

</annotationGroup>

<annotationGroup showBelow="0" id="Grp2">

<annotation type="text" x="35" y="45" color="FFFFFF" size="9" bold="1" label="Foo Bar" />

<annotation type="text" x="150" y="45" color="FFFFFF" size="9" bold="1" label="Foo Bar 1" />

<annotation type="text" x="249" y="45" color="FFFFFF" size="9" bold="1" label="Foo Bar 2" />

</annotationGroup>

</annotations>

<pointers>

<pointer value="53.880000000" radius="8" toolText="Foo bar 1: <b>53.88</b>%" />

<pointer value="47.420000000" radius="8" toolText="Foo bar 2: <b>$0.00</b>" />

<pointer value="-0.990000000" radius="8" toolText="Foo bar 3<b>In Faa</b>" />

</pointers>

<styles>

<definition>

<style name="labelFont" type="font" color="FFFFFF" />

<style name="ValueFont" type="font" bgColor="FFFFFF" borderColor="000000" />

<style name="fontStyle" type="font" isHTML="1" />

</definition>

<application>

<apply toObject="Grp2" styles="labelFont" />

<apply toObject="GAUGELABELS" styles="labelFont" />

<apply toObject="TOOLTIP" styles="fontStyle" />

<apply toObject="VALUE" styles="ValueFont" />

</application>

</styles>

</chart>

Anyone? From looking at the documentation there doesn't seem to be a thing I can do. You cannot individually tell the pointers to appear on the top or bottom, only all of the pointers... I cannot use the tool tip for the value as it is used for something else. Any help appreciated.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support the feature you are looking for, at this time.

We will try to implement this feature in our future upgrades.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!

Hello,

I have the same issue here , please Is there any update or any support on Fusion Widgets about this issue ??

Thank you v.much

Guest Sumedh

Hello,

I have the same issue here , please Is there any update or any support on Fusion Widgets about this issue ??

Thank you v.much

Hi,

Can you send us your sample code and XML?

It would be helpful to look into it.

Hi ,

yes there is te XML :

<chart placeTicksInside="0" showTickValues="1" showTickMarks="1" bgColor="#FFFFFF" bgAlpha="50" adjustTM="0" formatNumberScale="1" showBorder="0" upperLimit="60" lowerLimit="0" showLimits="1" placeValuesInside="0" showGaugeLabels="1" pointerOnTop="0" pointerRadius="6" showToolTip="1" chartTopMargin="20" tickValueDecimals="0" majorTMNumber="6" valuePadding="20" > <pointers><pointer displayValue="target" editMode="1" value="30" color="0000FF"/><pointer displayValue="pace" editMode="0" value="29"/></pointers><trendpoints><point editMode="0" startValue="50" displayValue="actual" color="666666" useMarker="1" markerColor="F1F1F1" markerBorderColor="666666" markerRadius="7"/></trendpoints><colorRange><color minValue="0" maxValue="50" code="2EFE2E"/><color minValue="50" maxValue="100" code="E0F7FF"/></colorRange></chart>

Can we offset Pointers so they don’t overlap when the values are

close together?

Or there is any solution for that ?

thank you ,

post-28359-0-09682800-1341211309_thumb.png

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

You would need to adjust the chart width to prevent the overlapping of pointers.

Another option, you have to programatically offset the values when it is close to each other.

Please find attached screen-shot for your reference.

post-24802-0-79870400-1341225024_thumb.png

Thanks for your response :)

Actually I have a limited width in my application, but suppose if the 2 values of the pointers have the same value for example 30, they will appear that they are above each other and their values will intersect, I hope you have a clear view now do you have solution for this problem?

Thanks again,

Guest Sumedh

Thanks for your response :)

Actually I have a limited width in my application, but suppose if the 2 values of the pointers have the same value for example 30, they will appear that they are above each other and their values will intersect, I hope you have a clear view now do you have solution for this problem?

Thanks again,

Hi,

You would need to set showValue attribute to "0" for one of the pointers to prevent the overlapping.

If you want an offset, you would need to code at your end.

Guest Sumedh

What about overlapping of the pointers?

Hi,

You would need to set showValue attribute as "0" for one of the pointers.

Ref. Code:

<pointers>

<pointer displayValue="target" editMode="1" value="30" showValue='0' color="0000FF"/>

<pointer displayValue="pace" editMode="0" value="29"/>

</pointers>

Here in above code, the first pointer will not display any value as the showValue attribute has been set as "0".

While the second pointer will display the value.

Hope this helps.

Hi ,

Thanks for your help ,

but here I meant the pointers not the display value ,, when the pointer have the same value one pointer disappear under the second pointer , and this is confusing since they have the same position it will like there is one poiner !!

please see the attachments , and see Untitled3.png image !

Thanks

post-28359-0-92198600-1341403538_thumb.png

post-28359-0-19821800-1341403558_thumb.png

post-28359-0-92240400-1341403566_thumb.png

Guest Sumedh

Hi ,

Thanks for your help ,

but here I meant the pointers not the display value ,, when the pointer have the same value one pointer disappear under the second pointer , and this is confusing since they have the same position it will like there is one poiner !!

please see the attachments , and see Untitled3.png image !

Thanks

Hi,

We don't have any option. FusionCharts is data visualization component. It represents the data without manipulating it.

Thanks for your time and support.