dsmiley

Fcrenderevent Fails To Dispatch

OK, I have a huge issue here and I need some help. FYI our company has purchased the license but is very, very unhappy at the moment. Can someone tell me why the following code snippet fails to dispatch the FCRenderEvent

[code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
xmlns:ns1="com.fusioncharts.components.*"
xmlns:eps="http://epsway.com/2010/"
xmlns:test="com.dataDashboard.presentation.*"
layout="absolute">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[

import mx.controls.Alert;

public var xmlString:String = "<chart><set label='temp' value='0'/></chart>";

public function onRender():void{
Alert.show("chart rendered");
}

]]>
</mx:Script>
<ns1:FusionCharts FCChartType="Column3D" FCRenderEvent="onRender()" FCDataXML="{xmlString}" id="meterDataBar3D" FCFolder="fusioncharts" width="200" height="200"/>
</mx:Application>
][/code]

Technically it does not fail all the time. About 25% of the time the event is dispatched and received. The reason this is a huge problem is that I have tracked it down to be the source of an issue where by I can not dynamically add charts in another application. Whenever the FCRenderEvent fails to fire I can not set the data for my dynamically created charts. In the above example data always renders, but the FCRenderEvent is very rarely dispatched.

I am compiling with the FLEX 3.5.0 SDK.

Hi,

Our developer could not found any unusual behavior in our environmen​t. Hence, the issue cannot be replicated.

Note that 'FCRenderE​vent' dispatched only one time (after 1st time chart render). If you need an event which dispatched every time chart data change, use the 'FCDataLoa​dedEvent'.

Also FusionChar​ts events does not work in the Flex debug mode. It is suggested to use the normal Flex run.

If this issue could be replicated with certain steps or procedure or could only be reproduced within a specific environmen​t; please give us some more details. Or it will be great if you can provide us some scale down example where we can replicate the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback.

I am running the compiled swf in the browser, not in debug mode. Are you telling me that the FCRender event is fired and caught every time, or that the chart renders the data? There is a big difference. I am compiling the app with the standard 3.5 SDK. It is already completely stripped down. How much more stripped down can it get. Please let me know if the FCRender event is fired and caught every time by your developer. If so please send me the compiled SWF and source so I can test it.

One thing I noticed is that if I don't set the FCTrendLines I can get my dynamic charts to consistently render data, even though the FCRenderEvent is still not dispatched properly.

Hi,

Please note that this would be officially fixed in our next upgraded version, i.e FusionCharts for Flex v1.3. But we are unable to confirm any timeline as we are currently working on this.

In case you are an existing customer, we would have send you the fixed SWF and SWC files now for your convenience.

Looking forward to your valuable feedback.