jpsartre

Several Strange Bugs

We just upgraded from v3.x to v3.2.1 today, following the steps outlined in the upgrade32.html document, and, while most things seem fine, there are a couple of problems.

When the page first loads with the chart (after I clear the cache), everything is fine. The chart displays perfectly and I can drill down on one of the nodes in the chart. All seems fine on the first request. But when I request the same page again or even some other page that has the chart embeded, all of the spaces in the text of the legend are replaced with plus signs "+". So this is disconcerting in and of itself but also when I click again on the same node that worked before, I get a javascript error and the page doesn't post back. This seems to continue on. So the only time it works correctly is the first time the page loads after I clear my cache. Each subsequent page request fails, even when I close my browser and request it again.

So, again, the legend text might go from "John's Sales for May" to "John's+Sales+for+May" on the second and all subsequent page requests and the chart stops working.

Note: The problem doesn't seem to be related to the plus signs. I can eliminate them but they don't show up on the first request.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, we would like to thank you for showing interest in FusionCharts.

Could you please send us a screenshot or any live link to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks for your help guys. I have eliminated the URL encoding and that seems to have fixed the problem with the plus signs. Now the only remaining problem is that when I click on a node, I get a javascript error. I end up with the following value for the link (see below) This used to do a postback and we redirect the user to another page. When I hover over a node, the proper description displays but when I click I get a javascrpt error. Does the link need to change as a result of the new jQuery file?

I'm sorry, but I cannot provide a link.

<set value='0' link='j-__doPostBack(%26apos;ctl00$mainContent$CG1%26apos;,%26apos;ctl00_mainContent_CG1_Data$0:12A:0%26apos;)' />

Thanks,

Brad

I have been able to fix the issues that I encountered. The way in which links are created has apparently changed. Am I wrong that the way in which one must generate a link has changed? In the past, the above code worked, whereas now we have to call an intermediate javascript function which splits the delimited string into parameters. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Sudipto,

I have been able to fix my javascript problem but I have not been able to fix the postback problem in an updatepanel. I installed the UpdatePanel sample which came with my download and it too does not seem to work, at least not with my configuration.

http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/9615-updatepanel-on-postback/page__pid__37586#entry37586

Could you help?

Brad