penteleq

.net Assembly And No Rendering Images

In reference to a few mail i have a question about .NET assemble which is necessary to save charts images on local machine without rendering image. In reference to an email which I received, I asked about that what I need to run this implementation

So it is:

- You'd require a Windows server

- .NET 2 (or above)

- Your server must have flash player installed

Now is the question:

When I was exporting images (saving them on server after rendering images) i used exportHandler which is full serwer URI to local machine for example: http://domain.com/my...FCExporter.php.

With this .NET assembly this is working similar? Defining callback function to run export methods?

And if it is true, do I have to refer to local machine? Or can set callback function to remote machine, run image generator (your implementation of solution) and just Save on the server that sent the query?

I'm trying to figure that is any way to have 2 servers. One with the unix system (PHP, postgres, and other webhosting stuff) and another one with windows OS, and .NET assembly, and flash player that will remote processes image and return it to first server.

Edited by penteleq

Hi,

I am afraid, .NET image saver assembly does not work that way instead it renders the chart and capture its image in background, so chart files (*.swf) must be in the same PC.

It is quite nice solution,when general hosting servers are created on UNIX systems, and this implementation need windows OS, which is not so common for webdevelopers.

Before I'll buy licence of a product.

Is there any possibility that FusionCharts support would check this solution of mine and confirm the correctness of a it?

We just really need to solve this that way, but all I need is assurance it will work.

BTW:

You wrote: "I am afraid, .NET image saver assembly does not work that way instead it renders the chart and capture its image in background, so chart files (*.swf) must be in the same PC."

It is nessesary to have SWF files on same machine? Why? Is this .NET assembly use directly SWF files to render image without showing it?

Edited by penteleq