Sign in to follow this  
McBeaver

Line graph plotted XY

In the samples, I see you can create an XY graph and also line graphs, but how would I create a line graph plotted out with XY coordinates, with the x and y axis being standard deviations. (X 0-100 at 20 step intervals, Y 0-200 at 10 step intervals for example).

Thanks! Very cool looking app!

Actually, I have been able to create an XY plotted line graph by combining your scatter swf and line2d xml code, but I can't seem to get the x axis labels on it.

Another question: Each line has its corresponding color and legend symbol. Would it be possible for each coordinate of a line to have a different symbol? Lets say I have 2-3 lines, 5 points each, each a different symbol and a notation in the legend?

Thanks again!

To plot a line chart using XY plot, use the scatter chart and set:

<dataset drawLine='1' ..>

I'm afraid you cannot specify a different anchor for each line. You can do that for each dataset.

On the scatter graph, how do I label my x-coordinate points? There are no numbers there right now.

Also, how can I make the values for each set of coordinates always visible, and not just a mouseOver tooltip (or make the tooltip always visible).

Thanks.

Also, 2 more questions:

1. If I can't have different shapes for each anchor, can I have a different color or something to differentiate them?

2. In the Tooltip or Label, how do I enter a break?

Unfortunately all these questions I asked are requirements of the project I am doing. Hopefully you have a workaround or solution for my questions so I can use your product. Thanks!

I tried that before and just tried it again (explicit anchor styles), but its not working. I am using a scatter graph. Do I need any attributes set in other tags? Also, anyway to keep the tooltips always on, not just mouseOver?

Maybe I am using the wrong chart completely. I am plotting a graph with specific x,y coordinates over x-values of 0-20 and y-values of 0-700. There are 4-6 anchors per graph and they do not fall on the same x or y coordinates everytime. I'm using a scatter XY graph with drawline=1. With this graph I can't seem to get the 0-20 labels on my x-axis, and I can't do the individual anchor style sheet. I need to make a decision very soon what to go with, any help will be greatly appreciated. Basically if I can get that explicit anchor styles, we are good.