Sign in to follow this  
johnz45

Javascript Pie Graph Enableslice, Toggleslice, Enablelink Does Not Work

The following Pie Graph functions do not work when link is defined in the data:

togglePieSlice()

enableSlicingMovement()

enableLink()

If the link is defined, I cannot enable SlicingMovement nor toggle Pie Slice Movement.

Test case:

Take the following sample: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Code/JavaScript/PieDoughnut/enableSlicingMovementAndLink.html

and just add FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript'); before the chart initialization.

The javascript renders fine but none of the Slicing/Toggling works. Only link works.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please note that JavaScript charts supports either of 2 functions on the Pie chart simultaneously. They are:

1. Slicing and Rotation

2. Rotation and Links

I am afraid, Slicing and Links do not work together in JavaScript chart because of the "click" function cannot perform multiple functions at the same time.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Sanjukta,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I just took a demo which allows toggling between slicing and links which was flash-based and set the graph to javascript renderer. When it's flash, the toggling works fine, when it's javascript, it does not work. The toggling is between link or slicing (both do not happen at the same time). This toggling works in flash but does not work in javascript.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please note that JavaScript charts supports either of 2 functions on the Pie chart simultaneously. They are:

1. Slicing and Rotation

2. Rotation and Links

I am afraid, Slicing and Links do not work together in JavaScript chart because of the "click" function cannot perform multiple functions at the same time.

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

As stated in previous post, Slicing and Links do not work together in JavaScript chart because of the "click" function cannot perform multiple functions at the same time.

Hope this clarifies.

Guest Sumedh

Hi John, smile.gif

We are testing the issue in our labs.

We will surely provide the fix for it in the upcoming releases.

Hi,

This problem still exists.

On trying to use enableLinks(),i get an "function undefined" error.

and when the webpage is opened on a mobile device,I am unable to click on the item.Only toggling occurs and I cannot drill down in the chart.

Edited by POCsFusion

Hi,

Could you let us know which version of FusionCharts you have been using?

Meanwhile if you are using any previous versions we would suggest you to upgrade to the latest version from the link below.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Please do cross check with the latest JS files and share your feedback. If the problem still persists please drop us a mail at FusionCharts support.

Thanks.