LadySciFi

Real Time Data

My manager believes that any chart can be used to show real time data and that we don't need to use the realtimeXXX.swf charts, just use AJAX to supply real time data and any swf file. Is that correct?

Guest Sumedh

Greetings. smile.gif

I am afraid, real-time charting capability is not available with all the charts, but most of the charts support real-time charting capability.

FusionWidgets XT support real-time charts, that can be updated with respect to time in Flash version.

Real-time charts are those charts which automatically update themselves every n seconds by getting new data from server, without any page refreshes.

The chart initializes itself, loads new data every n seconds and silently updates itself to reflect the current state of data.

Please note, charts (.swf files) render according to the pre-defined XML/JSON format (chart specific), first you would need to change the XML data if you want to display real- time data.

Please refer the following link, for more information:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/Contents/?RealTime/RealTimeOverview.html

Hope this helps. smile.gif

Greetings. smile.gif

I am afraid, real-time charting capability is not available with all the charts, but most of the charts support real-time charting capability.

FusionWidgets XT support real-time charts, that can be updated with respect to time in Flash version.

Real-time charts are those charts which automatically update themselves every n seconds by getting new data from server, without any page refreshes.

The chart initializes itself, loads new data every n seconds and silently updates itself to reflect the current state of data.

Please note, charts (.swf files) render according to the pre-defined XML/JSON format (chart specific), first you would need to change the XML data if you want to display real- time data.

Please refer the following link, for more information:

http://docs.fusionch...meOverview.html

Hope this helps. smile.gif

Thanks for the quick response. Do the real-time charts in FusionWidgets XT support only Flash? We need to display the page on an iPad so that would not work.

Thanks, Nicole

Guest Sumedh

Hi. smile.gif

I am afraid, real-time charts of FusionWidgets XT are supported only in Flash, as of now.

It is not possible to render real-time charts on iPad, as of now.sad.gif

Hope this helps.

Hope you have a great day.smile.gif

Hi. smile.gif

I am afraid, real-time charts of FusionWidgets XT are supported only in Flash, as of now.

It is not possible to render real-time charts on iPad, as of now.sad.gif

Hope this helps.

Hope you have a great day.smile.gif

I was afraid of that. Oh well, I'll just have to use AJAX to approximate it. Are there any simple examples using ajax, coldfusion and fusioncharts?