Sign in to follow this  
mentalist

Bar Chart X Axis Values Repeating

I have a small issue with a bar chart I am producing. It pulls data from a database and sometimes there is not much data to present and the X Axis values seem to be repeating and then the bar ends up in an unusual position..

I've attached the XML to show you the problem.

I'm not sure if there is some attribute I've missed, but as you can see the X Axis presents the values of 0 0 1 1 1 2 and the bars end up in an unusual position. Is there a way I can ensure for this chart doesn't repeat those X Axis values?

Thanks

Peter

fcbarxml.rtf

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Could you please try by setting "decimals" attribute of <chart> element to "1" and render the chart?

In FusionCharts, the X-AXis values (DIV line values) of Bar Chart are calculated automatically according to the number of DIV lines and the maximum value among the plot values.

In your case the maximum value among all data plots is '1' and the number of DIV lines are 4 (default).

So it results Y-Axis values in fraction but you have set decimals to zero. As a result the X-Axis values are rounding up and shows like 0 0 1 1 1 2.

I hope I am able to clarify myself.

I have a small issue with a bar chart I am producing. It pulls data from a database and sometimes there is not much data to present and the X Axis values seem to be repeating and then the bar ends up in an unusual position..

I've attached the XML to show you the problem.

I'm not sure if there is some attribute I've missed, but as you can see the X Axis presents the values of 0 0 1 1 1 2 and the bars end up in an unusual position. Is there a way I can ensure for this chart doesn't repeat those X Axis values?

Thanks

Peter

Thanks for your repose.

This doesn't work for me unfortunately as these values should only be represented as whole numbers. I'm currently trying to figure out ways to make this work when there is only a value of 1 in the chart. I have used the attribute numDivLines=0 which almost works except the bar doesn't reach the top of the chart.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you have managed to resolve your issue.:)