Mythos

Xml Data Paths

Hello,

Is there any way for FusionCharts.RenderChart to access XML data outside the current web site? All the coding examples I've found are alwasy accessing XML files from the current site i.e. "../Data/SomeFile.xml". We want to display charts that will auto-refresh and will need to host 10 of thousands of users at peak times so we don't want to use the dataURL method which would requery the data every time a user hits refersh. So we want FC to access XML files that we will be creating in another process. But to do this we need FusionCharts to be able to retrieve these XML files from another website. Ideally it would be great if FC would work with the following syntax.

FusionCharts.RenderChart("FusionCharts/Pie3D.swf", https://SomeDomain/Somefile.xml, "", "myFirst", "300", "300", false, true);

Reading the XML file into a string and passing a string instead of the file path does not work because C#.NET cannot pass the required double quotes (it always escapes every double quote with a backslash). I know FusionCharts will not except XML data using single quotes instead of double but is there an alternative character it can use? It would be great if it could also handle single quotes.

Thanks

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regards to your query, please note that cross-domain URL-s are not allowed by FusionCharts to get the XML data from outside the current web site.

But, as you have mentioned, you can read the XML file into a String and then pass the XML string to the RenderChart(); function.

Also note that the XML file can have single quotes for FusionCharts charts.

Ref. Code:

<chart caption='string within single quote' ....>

If this is what is not you are looking for, could you please elaborate a bit more on " I know FusionCharts will not except XML data using single quotes instead of double but is there an alternative character it can use?" ?

Awaiting your response !

Hi,

With regards to your query, please note that cross-domain URL-s are not allowed by FusionCharts to get the XML data from outside the current web site.

But, as you have mentioned, you can read the XML file into a String and then pass the XML string to the RenderChart(); function.

Also note that the XML file can have single quotes for FusionCharts charts.

Ref. Code:

<chart caption='string within single quote' ....>

If this is what is not you are looking for, could you please elaborate a bit more on " I know FusionCharts will not except XML data using single quotes instead of double but is there an alternative character it can use?" ?

Awaiting your response !

Okay thank you. I'm glad single quotes work. It must have been another error that I mistakenly attributed to single quotes.

Edited by Mythos

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Please do let us know if we could be of any further help.:)