derekcaldwell

How To Populate Multiple Graphs On Same Page From Same Data Point Click?

I've got a scenario where I've got 4 graphs on a page all using 4 different xml files for the data. 2 of the graphs are multi linked charts and work perfectly. However, now my client needs to be able to generate an additional graph once the 1st linked chart graph is clicked. This can't be part of the descendant linked chart and needs to be a separate graph all together. Everything is better described in the attached illustration. In summary I need to know how to populate multiple graphs from a single data graph point click. One of the graphs will be a linkedchart graph resign in the same div and the other graph will be a graph in a separate div using a separate xml file. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

post-30629-0-54469300-1350145003_thumb.jpg

Edited by derekcaldwell

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your query, please note that FusionCharts does not have the feature of "Multiple Charts drill down upon clicking on a single data plot, using descendant linked chart", as of now.

However, you can achieve this by providing your custom JavaScript function as link to the data plots and rendering the multiple number of charts (in each separate DIV container) in that JavaScript function definition.

Ref. XML Code:

<set label='Label  1' value='235' link="JavaScript:customJSFunction('arg1,arg2,arg3');"/>

For more information on "Using JavaScript Functions as links", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?DrillDown/JavaScript.html

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Also, a few events are raised when LinkedCharts are created or closed. The name of the events are "BeforeLinkedItemOpen", "LinkedItemOpened", "BeforeLinkItemClose" and "LinkedItemClosed".

You can listen to these events and use JavaScript to take care of your additional requirements, like creating other charts in other locations etc.

For more details on how to use these events please read: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Contents/JavaScript/JS_LinkedCharts.html#events