Glenn

Second Chart Overlays Tool Tip

I have two charts in a column. The first one is a US Map, the second one is a bar chart. There is quite a bit of information on the tool tip that shows for the state on the top map. When I cursor over a state the tool tip will pop up but the bottom is behind the bar chart. How do I make sure the tool tip will show in front of the second chart?

I have tried setting the z-index of the enclosing div but it didn't help. Both charts use setTransparent(true).

Edited by Glenn

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Please share a sample demo project to replicate the issue.

This will definitely help us in better comprehension of your requirement.

I know it's been a while since I posted this but it's been murder around my office lately with demanding deadlines.

I have an update on this issue. It should be a lot easier to reproduce. I have various charts on my website that I load the pop-ups with a list of summary data. Some of those lists are quite long. I use the html div tag to control the spacing of the charts in columns. This is the only way I could make it fit properly. Whether there is one chart or several charts in the column the pop-up is limited to the size of the div. It will cut off at the bottom of the div. It's more like the div is an IFrame. I need the pop-up to display over top of whatever is being displayed on the page regardless off placement or structure.

I have another question regarding the pop-ups. They are showing various categories with a summary count. I would like the column of category names to be left justified and the list of counts or dollar amounts to be a right justified list. I can't figure out how to do this. Are there any mark-up tags that I could use to make this happen? I tried using a String.format() command to align it the way I want but it is obviously not using a mono-spaced font. I'd rather not control it that way because those fonts generally look awful. I'll look into that. But the issue above is a real problem that I need to address.

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

I am afraid, both the features you have asked for, is not supported by FusionCharts suite, as of now.

Issue1: The tooltips will be displayed within the chart container only. It cannot be displayed over the container.

Issue2: The custom toolText is a string that you pass. You may use styles to align the entire text but not the part of the text.

Hope this clarifies!

I have been a bit overwhelmed with deadlines to provide feedback. I discovered that the problem is not adjacent charts. The problem is caused by enclosing DIVs. I use DIV to space out the charts. The tooltip popup will not extend past the end of the DIV. So you are saying that the flash module cannot display anything outside of the DIV? That seems to be fairly odd behavior. And even if I were able to change the html to space the charts properly without DIVs the popup would not go over top of the next chart down. If that's true that really makes it difficult to accomplish what I need to with this tool.

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

I am afraid, yes, the toolTips cannot be displayed outside the div.

Hope this helps!

No. Actually that does not help at all. You just confirmed what I already figured out. Is there an alternative setup that I can use to space the charts appropriately and still see the entire tool tip? When I initially tried building the charts without the div they appeared one on top of the other. How can I display the charts appropriately without screwing up the tool tips?