sumitanvekar

Line/bar Chart Not Showing Legend If Data Not Available

Hi,

I need to know whether following feature is available or not.

Line/Bar chart not showing legend if data not available. i.e. if the set is null or has only zero values.

Thanks,

Sumit Anvekar

Hi,

Hi,

I need to know whether following feature is available or not.

Line/Bar chart not showing legend if data not available. i.e. if the set is null or has only zero values.

Thanks,

Sumit Anvekar

Please note that legend is displayed for Multii-series charts representing the <dataset> elements mentioned in the XML.Hence, if the data in the <set> element within the corresponding <dataset> is '0', the legend would be displayed.

Legend shown :

<dataset seriesName='Series1'>
                               	<set value='0' />
                         	</dataset>

But if no values are mentioned within the <dataset> element, the legend for the corresponding data would not be shown.

Legend not shown :

<dataset seriesName='Series1'>
                                    	<set value='' />
                                	</dataset>

Hope this helps. :)

But if no values are mentioned within the <dataset> element, the legend for the corresponding data would not be shown.

Hi there, this does not make too much sense for me. Is there a attribute forceLegend or something.

For my understanding there ARE values in the dataset - namely th <set> objects. So that shows the chart that the user wanted to show the series. Why not show the legend then?

Let me explain: I would have to add a '0' value now to see the legend of the series. But that will make my values to show wrong. Its not what the data is!

Any advice?

Thank you

Guest Sumedh

Hi there, this does not make too much sense for me. Is there a attribute forceLegend or something.

For my understanding there ARE values in the dataset - namely th <set> objects. So that shows the chart that the user wanted to show the series. Why not show the legend then?

Let me explain: I would have to add a '0' value now to see the legend of the series. But that will make my values to show wrong. Its not what the data is!

Any advice?

Thank you

Hi,

If you provide empty set elements in dataset element, this will not display the legend, as our colleague Sanjukta explained the same thing.

Since, there are no data-plots, so legend will not be displayed.

So, displaying legend forcefully for null set elements, is not possible.

Hope this helps!