As your documentation I have used this attribute to show the decimals

decimals='2'

But that will not apply any decimals.

But when I use these attributes

decimals='3' sDecimals='2' forceDecimals='1'

its showing decimals like this

But I have these actual values coming from sql database

Here is my code

strXML = "<graph caption='Registreret vandforbrug' wMode='window' subCaption='' decimalPrecision='2' animation='0' numberSuffix='m3' pieSliceDepth='30' >";

Also tried formatNumberScale='0' but still same

Any ideas

Thanks

Hi,

Setting "decimals" attribute as 2, FusionCharts XT now does not forcibly add the 0 padding to 0.1 to form 0.10, as the trailing 0 is unnecessary.

However, if you want your numbers on the chart to have trailing zeroes too, you can set <chart ... forceDecimals='1' >

Can you please share the XML/screenshot of the issue faced?

Hi,

Setting "decimals" attribute as 2, FusionCharts XT now does not forcibly add the 0 padding to 0.1 to form 0.10, as the trailing 0 is unnecessary.

However, if you want your numbers on the chart to have trailing zeroes too, you can set <chart ... forceDecimals='1' >

Can you please share the XML/screenshot of the issue faced?

Here how its showing now

ad1ah1.png

I need to format 136,128 as above

Here is my xml

strXML = "<graph caption='Registreret vandforbrug' wMode='window' subCaption='' decimals='1' decimalPrecision='1' forceDecimals='1' sDecimals='1' animation='0' showNames='1' numberSuffix=' m3' pieSliceDepth='30' >";

Thanks

Hi,

Here how its showing now

ad1ah1.png

I need to format 136,128 as above

Here is my xml

strXML = "<graph caption='Registreret vandforbrug' wMode='window' subCaption='' decimals='1' decimalPrecision='1' forceDecimals='1' sDecimals='1' animation='0' showNames='1' numberSuffix=' m3' pieSliceDepth='30' >";

Thanks

Please note that it seems the values in your <set> elements are specified as 136, 128, etc. Hence, it would not be able to display the decimal in any other position that is not corresponding to the value.

In case you wish to display custom values on the column plots, please try using "displayValue" in the <set> element.

Ex:

<set ... value='136' displayValue='13.6' >

In case this does not help, please send us your complete generated XML so that we might test it.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Please note that it seems the values in your <set> elements are specified as 136, 128, etc. Hence, it would not be able to display the decimal in any other position that is not corresponding to the value.

In case you wish to display custom values on the column plots, please try using "displayValue" in the <set> element.

Ex:

<set ... value='136' displayValue='13.6' >

In case this does not help, please send us your complete generated XML so that we might test it.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

These values are not hard coded.They are coming from SQL server database and plotted in to the chart.136 and 128 are example values.

my problem is I cannot format those values with decimal points.

Thanks

Hi,

The values retrieved from database source, if it does not consist of any decimal points, it is not possible to add decimals points to the numbers in the chart.

For example, if you have numbers on your chart as 12.432, 13.4 and 13 and you set <chart ... decimals='2' >, the numbers will be converted to 12.43, 13.4 and 13 respectively.

However, if you have number on your chart as 136, 128 and you set <chart ... decimals='2' >, the numbers will be converted as 136,128 and no decimal points will be added to it.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

The values retrieved from database source, if it does not consist of any decimal points, it is not possible to add decimals points to the numbers in the chart.

For example, if you have numbers on your chart as 12.432, 13.4 and 13 and you set <chart ... decimals='2' >, the numbers will be converted to 12.43, 13.4 and 13 respectively.

However, if you have number on your chart as 136, 128 and you set <chart ... decimals='2' >, the numbers will be converted as 136,128 and no decimal points will be added to it.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I tried to change numbers for testing

database I have 11.52 and 10.1

see how its showing in chart

347uqn5.png

strXML = "<graph caption='Registreret vandforbrug' wMode='window' subCaption='' decimals='3' sDecimals='2' forceDecimals='1' animation='0' showNames='1' numberSuffix=' m3' pieSliceDepth='30' >";

anything wrong in my XML?

Thanks

Hey,

As per your screenshot, you are setting the current render to JavaScript. JavaScript charts does not support the debug mode.:(

I'm unable to replicate the issue. Using the values and the chart attributes defined at your end, the chart renders as expected. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

<chart caption='Registreret vandforbrug' wMode='window' subCaption='' decimals='3' sDecimals='2' forceDecimals='1' animation='0' showNames='1' numberSuffix=' m3' pieSliceDepth='30' >
<set value="11.52"/>
<set  value="10.1"/>
</chart>

Hope this helps.

Capture.PNG

Hey,

As per your screenshot, you are setting the current render to JavaScript. JavaScript charts does not support the debug mode.:(

I'm unable to replicate the issue. Using the values and the chart attributes defined at your end, the chart renders as expected. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

<chart caption='Registreret vandforbrug' wMode='window' subCaption='' decimals='3' sDecimals='2' forceDecimals='1' animation='0' showNames='1' numberSuffix=' m3' pieSliceDepth='30' >
<set value="11.52"/>
<set  value="10.1"/>
</chart>

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Is this only working on XT version? or it does support for every versions

Here is my debugging code

Info: Chart loaded and initialized.
Initial Width: 654
Initial Height: 491
Scale Mode: noScale
Debug Mode: Yes
Application Message Language: EN
Chart Type: Single Series 2D Column Chart
Version: 3.2.2(XT) 
Chart Objects: 
BACKGROUND
CANVAS
CAPTION
SUBCAPTION
YAXISNAME
XAXISNAME
DIVLINES
YAXISVALUES
HGRID
DATALABELS
DATAVALUES
TRENDLINES
TRENDVALUES
DATAPLOT
TOOLTIP
VLINES
VLINELABELS

INFO: Chart registered with external script. DOM Id of chart is FactorySum
INFO: XML Data provided using dataXML method.
XML Data: <graph caption="Registreret vandforbrug i hl3" wMode="window" subCaption="" decimals="3" sDecimals="2" forceDecimals="1" animation="0" showNames="1" numberSuffix=" m3" pieSliceDepth="30"><set name="Jan" value="86" /><set name="Feb" value="92" /><set name="Marts" value="0" /><set name="April" value="0" /><set name="Maj" value="0" /><set name="Juni" value="0" /><set name="Juli" value="0" /><set name="Aug" value="0" /><set name="Sep " value="0" /><set name="Okt" value="0" /><set name="Nov" value="0" /><set name="Dec" value="0" /></graph>

Thanks

Hey,

Yes, it works across all version.

Please find the attached screenshot.

Thanks for the respond.Strange it seems working but if you can see above my values are like this

So I need to apply decimal like this

13.6,14.4 not 136.00,144.00

Thanks

Hey,

If you have numbers on your chart as 136, 144 and without decimal points, it is not possible to convert it to 13.6 or 14.4 :(

As mentioned earlier by Sanjukta, you will have to display it as a custom values on the column plots, please try using "displayValue" in the <set> element.

Ex: <set ... value='136' displayValue='13.6' >

Hope this helps.

Hey,

If you have numbers on your chart as 136, 144 and without decimal points, it is not possible to convert it to 13.6 or 14.4 :(

As mentioned earlier by Sanjukta, you will have to display it as a custom values on the column plots, please try using "displayValue" in the <set> element.

Ex: <set ... value='136' displayValue='13.6' >

Hope this helps.

Hi,

When I change my values (coming from sql server) in to decimals like this

13.6 and 14.4

in chart debugging windows its showing this

ERROR: Invalid number 13,6 specified in XML. FusionCharts can accept number in pure numerical form only. If your number formatting (thousand and decimal separator) is different, please specify so in XML. Also, do not add any currency symbols or other signs to the numbers.

Thanks

Hey,

If you are providing numbers in the non-standard convention, FusionCharts XT XML/JSON, it will give an error while converting to number.

If commas are used as decimal separators, then you will have to specify it as:

Ref. code:

<chart ... inDecimalSeparator=',' ...> Please refer for more information about "Input Number Formatting" at: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/advanced/number-format/Number_Input.html

Hope this helps.