Shu

Candlestick Chart Change Yaxis To Left Side

Hello,

I am working on CandleStick charts and I have two questions about it.

1. I found it is showing Y Axis on right side by default. Is there a way to change it to the left side?

2. I created a chart like below but I found for some reason the X axis are not equally divided. Is it because the first CandleStick starts from the right side? Can we move all the candleStick to left a bit so the candleStick are equally distributed over the chart?

Thanks a lot!

post-39121-0-91900200-1363227291_thumb.png

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.smile.gif

Please find the answers to your queries below:

1. I found it is showing Y Axis on right side by default. Is there a way to change it to the left side?

>> It is not possible to show the Y-axis on the left side instead of right side as of now.

2. I created a chart like below but I found for some reason the X axis are not equally divided. Is it because the first CandleStick starts from the right side? Can we move all the candleStick to left a bit so the candleStick are equally distributed over the chart?

>> Could you please share your XML/JSON data with us for further testing?

Awaiting your response.

Edited by Haritha

Thanks Haritha,

For the 2nd question, Im using sql query to get the data from database. And I also find, it works fine when the chart has been rendered as javascript. However it does not looks well in flash mode. Please see the attachments.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.smile.gif

Please find the answers to your queries below:

>> It is not possible to show the Y-axis on the left side instead of right side as of now.

>> Could you please share your XML/JSON data with us for further testing?

Awaiting your response.

post-39121-0-17389700-1363722542_thumb.png

post-39121-0-60582400-1363722584_thumb.png

Hi,

Could you please enable the debug mode and send us the XML generated?

Each Flash chart in PowerCharts XT provides a debug mode or debug window. It helps you look into what is happening behind the chart scenes. It also lists out any errors, if present. You can use the Debug Window for troubleshooting all your charts.

To enable the debug mode for any of your charts, you just need to set the debugMode flag to 1.

If you're using FusionCharts JavaScript Class to render a chart, you can set the debugMode flag to 1 as under:

var myChart = new FusionCharts("CandleStick.swf", "myChartId", "600", "300", "1");

Awaiting inputs.

Thanks. Here is what I got from switching to debug mode.

Info: Chart loaded and initialized.

Initial Width: 412

Initial Height: 300

Scale Mode: noScale

Debug Mode: Yes

Application Message Language: EN

Chart Type: Candle Stick Chart

Version: 3.3.0 (XT)

Chart Objects:

BACKGROUND

CANVAS

CAPTION

SUBCAPTION

PYAXISNAME

VYAXISNAME

DIVLINES

YAXISVALUES

HGRID

DATALABELS

DATAVALUES

TRENDLINES

TRENDVALUES

VTRENDLINES

VTRENDVALUES

PRICEPLOT

VOLUMEPLOT

TRENDSETS

ANCHORS

TOOLTIP

VLINES

LEGEND

INFO: Chart registered with external script. DOM Id of chart is VolSpread1363804805574_CandleStick_Chart

INFO: XML Data provided using dataXML method.

XML Data: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><chart animation="0" decimalPrecision="0" enableSmartLabels="1" anchorAlpha="0" labelDisplay="Rotate" labelAbbreviateLength="20" plotGradientColor=", ," showvalues="0" slantLabels="1" bgAlpha="0" bgColor="FFFFFF" canvasBorderColor="BABABA" showBorder="0" showAlternateHGridColor="0" divLineColor="BABABA" divLineIsDashed="0" legendPosition="Bottom" legendIconScale="0" showLegend="1" numberScaleValue="1000,1000,1000" numberScaleUnit="K,M,B" decimals="1" outCnvBaseFont="Verdana" outCnvBaseFontSize="9" outCnvBaseFontColor="000000" showToolTipShadow="1" exportEnabled="1" exportShowMenuItem="0" exportAtClient="0" exportHandler="FCExporter" exportAction="save" showExportDialog="0"><dataset seriesName="Low" name="LOW" anchorRadius="3"><set open="19.4" high="17.8" low="11.5" close="19.4" x="1" tooltext="Index name: NDX{br}High: 17.8{br}Low: 11.5{br}Realized: 19.4{br}" /><set open="19.4" high="17.8" low="17.8" close="19.4" x="2" tooltext="Index name: SX5E{br}High: 17.8{br}Low: 17.8{br}Realized: 19.4{br}" /></dataset><categories><category label="NDX" x="1" /><category label="SX5E" x="2" /></categories></chart>

Hi,

Could you please enable the debug mode and send us the XML generated?

Each Flash chart in PowerCharts XT provides a debug mode or debug window. It helps you look into what is happening behind the chart scenes. It also lists out any errors, if present. You can use the Debug Window for troubleshooting all your charts.

To enable the debug mode for any of your charts, you just need to set the debugMode flag to 1.

If you're using FusionCharts JavaScript Class to render a chart, you can set the debugMode flag to 1 as under:

var myChart = new FusionCharts("CandleStick.swf", "myChartId", "600", "300", "1");

Awaiting inputs.

Hi,

This is a known issue with Flash mode of Candle stick chart.

It has been fixed internally and would be released in our next version.

Meanwhile, please try using the JS chart.We would inform you when the next version releases.

Edited by Haritha