Sign in to follow this  
gomezo

Charts not printing in Firefox

Hi, I have some charts mixed in with other html on my pages, and they dont print with the normal browser print function in firefox. I did some research and apparently flash cant be printed in firefox like that [sad] I found a way to work around it, but it would require modification of the .fla files to do so, and since i dont have those I was wondering if anyone knows away to fix this for fusion charts. I want the whole page to be printed, not just the chart. Thanks!

Hi,

I'm afraid Firefox has issues with printing no-scaled Flash movies. As such, the only solution would be to modify the .fla files with the new size and recompile.

Hi,

we met the same problem in Firefox 2.0,

In our application, we need to print statistic reports that contains FusionCharts. As 30% of our customers use Firefox, we should provide a way to print this report on Firefox...

I found in the forum a solution that could be to modify the fla chart files but what modification we should do on them?

And what about if we buy the FusionCharts version without charts sources?

This issue is very critic for us as the report module should be online by the end of the week!

Best regards,

Julien Gomez

www.smartadserver.com

Hi,

I am the new member for this forum.

When i am developing fusion charts, "Charts Printing" problem has been occurred. My client wants to get total page print in Firefox browser.

Like when you click print preview.....the same way we required here.

We developed as described by the fusion charts team. (With Batch Processing...)

But this feature is not at all use for my client. So please give solution for this issue...

Please let me know if you need any information.

Hanumantha Rao.

Guest Madhumita

Hello Hanumantha,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

The issue for printing is a known one. We are aiming at resolving this issue in the next major version of FusionCharts(V4).

As of now, the possible workaround is to render the chart in scale mode. However, the chart will be printed in a distorted fashion.

We developed as described by the fusion charts team. (With Batch Processing...)

But this feature is not at all use for my client. So please give solution for this issue...

Printing is a totally separate functionality and not linked with the export function.

Could you please specify what is you client's requirement?

Awaiting your reply. :)

Edited by Guest

Hi Madhumita,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, all my client needs is the print functionality, where in he/she can print all the charts in a single page by the click of a button in the mozilla firefox browser. We are aware that firefox has some problems with the print preview and print functionality. So we have started using the Batch export feature for him. But my client does not want that feature and is insisting in developing a Print Functionality where in he can print all the charts (5 - 6 charts) in a single screen to be printed on a page by hitting a custom button on the screen. We are using asp.net and sql server in our development environment.

Please let us know the possible ways where we can print all the charts in a single screen in one hit of a button.

Regards

pv

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

A single button can be created to print all the charts in a single click.

However, a different print menu will open for each chart.

1. create a button which onClick will call a javascript funtion(say printAll())

2. Now, in the javasript function get all the chart elements by id and call the print() for each element.

Hope this helps. :)

If you need further help please do revert.

I have this same problem with printing maps that I am creating.  Would it be possible for me to get copies of the .fla files so that I can recompile them based on the size parameters for my project?

Hi Madhumita,

I think you could not understand my client requirement.

Even on button click or else click on Print Preview, they required the charts to print from a single page (as it is order in the page and positions).

We can print each chart by clicking a single button event, but here it opens multiple menu's to print and print each chart in a separate page.

This can not be works here.

If you have any other alternates, please let me know..

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Guest Madhumita

Hello Hanumantha,

I'm afraid, there is an issue of printing of charts using firebox. We are trying to resolve this issue with firefox in our next major version, which is to be released in mid 2010.

Till then, please consider printing the charts in IE.

Hi,

I'm new to Fusioncharts but have the same problems, as the users in this toppic. Could you please give me an example to the work-around you described in your last post? I'd like to print the charts via firefox (strg+p).

Thanks,

Timm

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, as of now, charts in noscale mode cannot be printed in firefox.

You can however try to print them in exactfit mode or modify the .fla files with the new size and recompile.

As of now, we have not yet implemented this round-about print preview fix in FusionCharts v3 charts. We are currently developing v4 charts where this fix would be implemented until and unless FIREFOX developers take some pain to support print preview of flash components.

A bug report to Mozilla has been submitted regarding this, so hopefully it will be corrected in future version of FF.

Hi,

how do I tell the flash-file to print in "exactfit"? Giving the chart a fixed size is no problem for me, and if I can do anything to get the print-functionality working, I'll do so.

By the way: What's the reason, that the IE will show a (bad scaled) Flash-Chart and Firefox isn't even showing anything?

Actually I'm using the DOM-Set of your charts. But as far as I could find out, the print-bug is affected to all charts, isn't it?

Greetings from Germany,

Timm

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

To render the chart in exactfit mode please refer to the line below:

var chart = new FusionCharts("MSLine.swf", "ChartId", "733", "340", "0", "1", "", "exactfit");

chart.setDataURL("data.xml");  

chart.render("chartdiv");

Hope this helps. :)

Hello,

as I mentioned, I'm using the DOM-subset of your charts. The only "entry-point" for me is the html-code inside my html-page:

< fusioncharts charttype="StackedColumn3D" dataurl="Data/avail_overall.xml" width="680" height="480" language="de">< /fusioncharts>

I tried using the "exactfit"-property inside the fusioncharts-tag. But this doesn't help.

< fusioncharts charttype="StackedColumn3D" dataurl="Data/avail_overall.xml" width="680" height="480" language="de" exactfit="1">< /fusioncharts>

I event tried to use the chart-property inside the data-xml:

< chart ... exactfit="1" ...>

< categories>

< /categories>

< /chart>

But this - as I expected - doesn't work at all.

Is it possible to give me a working DOM-example with the exact-fit working?

Greetings,

Timm

Edited by Guest