Sign in to follow this  
1dmf

Multi-Series as Series & Stacked on same graph

Hi,

I'm tying to build a graph that has 3 graphs per data set as well as the graphs having 3 sub groups which I want indicating via a stacked graph, so you get a graph lookinglike the attached image.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

1DMF.

post-1822-12844156597_thumb.gif

ah so you wrap each dataset series with another dataset tag to group them together.

I'll have a play and see what i can come up with.

Thanks,

1DMF

Well I've tried it and all the graph shows is 'no data to display', here is the XML

- <graph caption="[b]Business Spread ( )[/b]" xAxisName="[b]Business Type[/b]" yAxisName="[b]Business Volume ( 6 )[/b]" showNames="[b]1[/b]" decimalPrecision="[b]0[/b]" formatNumberScale="[b]0[/b]">- <categories>  <category name="[b]Craig Chant[/b]" />   </categories>- <dataset seriesName="[b]Mortgage (2)[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">- <dataset seriesName="[b]Submissions[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]1[/b]" />   </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]Completions[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]1[/b]" />   </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]NPW[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]0[/b]" />   </dataset>  </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]Loan (1)[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">- <dataset seriesName="[b]Submissions[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]1[/b]" />   </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]Completions[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]0[/b]" />   </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]NPW[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]0[/b]" />   </dataset>  </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]Insurance (3)[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">- <dataset seriesName="[b]Submissions[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]3[/b]" />   </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]Completions[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]0[/b]" />   </dataset>- <dataset seriesName="[b]NPW[/b]" color="[b]F6BD0F[/b]">  <set value="[b]0[/b]" />   </dataset>  </dataset>  </graph>

what chart types are relevant for a multi-series chart if it's not the multi-series SWF's ? I'm confused! :hehe:

Edit: I just tried the following types...

FCF_MSColumn3D.swf

FCF_MSColumn2D.swf

FCF_Column3D.swf

FCF_Column2D.swf

and got the same result, so I don't understand what you are saying? if neither Multi-Series and Non-Multi-Series chart swf's work, what's left? what swf are you talking about?

Edited by Guest

Ah right, no wonder you weren't making any sense!

I've used the correct SWF and it sort of works, why does it not show the headings / legend for each column?

I.E Mortgages, Insurance, Loans,

I just get the subset legend for completions , submissions and NPW, plus it shows them 3 times, so i';ve had to remove the name from two lots to get the correct legend colour display!

Thanks,

1DMF.