johnt

Tooltips not working on scrolled portion of combi chart

Hi

Tooltips on scrollable combi charts seem to only work for that portion of the data which is initially visible.

If you look at the Revenues and Profits chart from your documentation, http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-chart-guide-scroll-charts-creating-scroll-charts.html , the initially visible data goes up to December 2012 ( only part of the column is visible ). You can hover over each of the Profit, Profit % and Revenue values to see the individual value. This works for values up to and including February 2013, but from March 2013 onwards you cannot hover over the Profit or Profit % data if it is obscured by the Revenue column. If the data is not obscured by the column, as in June 2013 for Profit %, you can still hover for the tooltip.

From testing with my own charts, it seems that the 2 columns immediately following the initially visible data are treated as if they were initially visible, as the tooltips always work for the first 2 data values after scroll, no matter how many values are initially visible.

The same problem affects the showHoverEffect also - it will not fire if the data point is obscured by the column.

The same behaviour happens if you use the scrollToEnd facility - the initially visible data and the 2 data points immediately preceding it work correctly, everything else will fail if the data point is obscured.

I do not believe that this is browser dependent, as I have tried it in Firefox, Opera, IE and Chrome.

It seems that the code which applies the hover effect and tooltip to data points which are plotted on top of a column is only being applied to the initially visible area, and that an additional 2 data points are being treated as if they were in the visible area.

Please let me know if you'd like more information or if you want me to clarify any of the above

cheers

John

Hi,

Hope you are keeping well. Thank you for your patience.

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts Suite v3.9,  which will resolve your reported issue?

To avail this licensed release, you would need to re-Download the entire package from the My Orders section of FusionCharts Product Update Center.

PUC URL: www.fusioncharts.com/puc/

To download the Evaluation version of FusionCharts Suite XT v3.9, please visit the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/

Hope this would resolve your issue. If you require any further assistance please do drop us a mail.