Sign in to follow this  
kwong

Bubble chart size different after upgrade to V3.7

Hi,

We have just upgraded from V3.1 to V3.7 and noticed a difference on the bubble chart.  The size of the bubbles are based on the values on the Z data, which we  have the same values for Z, but the bubbles' sizes are way bigger than before.  Is there a way to make a fix size for different bubble values?  In our case, we have five different sizes for bubbles:

value                       size

<5M                         2

>5 M  <10M             4

>10M <15M             8

>15M <20 M            16

>20M                        32

Can we make a fix size for each of the value above?  Apparently the Fusion chart now is randomly adjusting the bubble sizes for us.  In one chart, we have 2 set of  Z values: < 5 M, and >5M  <10 M.  In the 3.1 version, the bubble sizes are ok, however in the v3.7, the bubbles are huge. 

It will be nice if we can always have a constant size for each bubble size.  Please advice.

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi,

Please see the attached file to show the difference of bubble sizes on the same set of data using version v3.1 and v3.7.  The data are the same for both versions, but you can see that the v3.7 render much bigger bubbles than the v3.1.  Also, I did not set the bubbleScale parameter to anything in both instances.

Help!

Thanks,

Kelly

Bubble size differences.zip

Hi Kelly,

Please note that version3.1 were flash charts and starting version3.4 (and now V3.7 which you have been using) are rendered as pure JavaScript charts. Since, the charts are rendered uses totally different technology there might be difference in the visualization also.

Please check out the fiddle and data format for bubble chart : http://jsfiddle.net/fusioncharts/58sYu/

Ref. doc: http://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/chart-attributes.html?chart=bubble

If you still are having issues, please share with us your scaled down chart data so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks.

Hi,

I know that V3.1 were flash and V3.7 is purely using JavaScripts.  The example that you showed is a general example that I see on your site (it doesn't even use the bubbleScale parameter).  Did you guys try to run the same set of data using the v3.1 and then v3.7 and check if the bubble sizes change?  You are saying that since the technology has been changed the bubble sizes can also be changed regardless of the same set of data.  If the rendering chart is going to change from version to version, how can customer be trusted to use your product?   It is important that  user is able to define the size of the bubble based on the z values.  I saw someone posted similar question on your site in 2010 on how to set the size of the bubble, and the proposed solution is to alter the size of the z values (so Fusion chart is asking customer  to change data so that the chart can be rendered better???).  I think your team should look into this matter seriously to see how you can improve the product.

Thanks!

Hi,

Even am also facing the same issues about bubble chart size using z value.

Please let me know is there any constant size to define the bubble chart.

Regards,

Simbu

Edited by simbu