Sign in to follow this  
JohnBannister

saving chart dynamically as an image

I am looking through this forum and not really finding what I need. I am trying to load a chart and my a user clicks export to PDF or Excel, save the chart as an image and then I can attach the image to a PDF or excel sheet. I can't imagine the only way to save an image is to right click save.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Cisco2103

Hi,

So using javascript API means that we can call that javascript function saveAsImage() from backend (without letting user know) that function will save image to a fixed location and then we can use that image to be used in pdf and stuff....

Am i understanding it correctly? We are using fusioncharts for our site and its been great but we need this very importaant feature....

Also to use this feautre we have to purcahse the licenece?

pre-thanks,

Atiq

Hi Atiq,

Yes the API could be run at backend (client side) without letting the user to know or interfare. But, this function would POST the image data to a serverside script to generate the image. Hence, you wish can be fulfilled this way.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply...

Its running on clients side becuase it generates image on the loaded flash graph ya?

Also to use this imaeSave feature do we have to purchase a lienced version of fusion chart?

Edited by Guest

Hi,

If this feature can only be used after purchasing is there a way we can test this feature with out purchasing the licence and then if worked can purchase the licencec....?

Also read my post above...

Regards,

Hi,

I used that and it is working perfectly...

One more thing that we need is to hide the loading screen...how can we hide the screen...?I want to create an image without letting user know of any thing....also can we create this swf in the backed...that is not showing user that too..

Actually what i want is to generate a PDF containing tables and this image. so I will not have swf so i want this all done in backend...?

Please advise...

Thanks,

Edited by Guest

In the documentation for saving as an image dynamically it says this

"If you intend to save the chart soon after the chart has loaded, make sure to put the saveAsImage() command in FC_Rendered event; otherwise, the exporting will get invoked before the chart has started rendering, and you'll get a blank image."

How do I include the command in the FC_Rendered event? Do I need the source code version?

Thanks a lot

John