Pallav

Call jpg image generation by PHP??

Hi,

I'm currently using FusionCharts for online charting and ugly jpgraph for pdf export.

As I noticed, there is a possibility to save graphs as jpg images using FusionChartsSave.php...

Is there any way to call the jpg-image-generation from my pdf-generating php script??

Would be nice to replace old fashioned jpgraph charts this way...

Any help appreciated..

David

David,

I'm afraid we cannot generate images at server side yet, owing to the technology that we're using.

Hi,

I understand that you are using flash and that might seems like a stumble block, but sure it can be done depending on the use.

Theory:

Render the complete HTML page with Flash (Fusion Charts), with the added option of saving the page as PDF (Button), by clicking this "Export to PDF" button, invoke the saveAsImage javascript for each Chart then also submit HTML, saving the images to disk under a specific ID or whatever method you choose. Based on the PDF library etc, the HTML and the images will be availabe to be included in the resulting PDF.

Is there a method of doing the same actions without user clicking events, or other?

Will this work-around not be a possible solution in some way?

Regards,

Logos

In any case, the chart will have to render at client side once, as the data for image is captured only once it has rendered.