Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

MS 2D Dual Y - Problem !

chart.jpg

if you see the above picture , it is clear that column charts are not visible , i think it is cause i have 7 labels on the chart but the chart has drawn 14 dates in series , it is possible to change labels that we need on the chart , but how i can make the chart to show data only for shown labels ?

it seems that no one has encountered such issue in this kind of chart , i think my goal is clear here , i need to have 1 or 2 line chart on PYAxis and 3 , 4 bar chart on SYAxix , but in a range for one year or 2 years , column charts stick together and user cannot identify them , they are too thin ,i dont know it is natural to have such issue or it is a bug in fusion charts , and if it is not a bug and is natural . how i can control the number of points that that these column charts show up on the chart.

any comment would be appreciated .

Hi,

Could you please send/attache here the XML that you are using?Please mention the width and height of the chart.

Also please state how many datasets (and in which form line or column) as well as how many categories you wish to show. We would also like to know whether you are using labelStep attribute.

Sudipto Choudhury (6/26/2008)
Hi,

Could you please send/attache here the XML that you are using?Please mention the width and height of the chart.

Also please state how many datasets (and in which form line or column) as well as how many categories you wish to show. We would also like to know whether you are using labelStep attribute.

yes , this is a professional reply !

the xml is attached !

i have 5 datasets in the above chart datasets on PYAxix are line and datasets on SYAxis are Column , categories are all the available dates for database result set ! (maybe 3 or 100 or 150 , it is dynamic !) , and YES iam using labelStep , actualy i set labelStep to count of categories 7 (that give me 7 or 8 at label at most)

getChartData.aspx.xml

Hi,

We find that there are too many categories combined with datasets which makes the plac crowded with (the attached XML has 69 x 4) 276 columns (some are invisible as there are no data) + some space to separate each dataset. So it is very difficult for the chart to accomodate all these in 600 pixels of canvas space (each would be alloted barely 600/280 = 2.14 pixels of space to stand that too i you set plotSpacePercent='0', this sets zero space between indiviual columns). This too would add plot border of dark grey color to each column which makes the columns look almost gery.

I am afraid, the chart cant help showing them all in glaring colors in that space.

What I would like to recommend is that you might try Scroll Combination Column 2D line Dula Y chart. This adds a scroll bar and pages to the chart and you can set the number of data column to be show on the each.

Gallery link : http://www.fusioncharts.com/GalleryScroll.asp

Docs XML reference Link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ChartSS/ScrollCombiDY2D.html

Yes , it works better !

but is it possible in scroll charts to see the last plot ?

i mean to scroll to the end when user see the chart instead of start plot ?