Pallav

Problem with Drilldown chart in a Hidden Div

I am using a javascript browser dialog pop-up to display a drilldown chart. The link on one chart triggers for the dialog to pop-up, and for the drilldown chart to be updated. When the dialog is not present, the chart is in a hidden div, then becomes visible when the dialog pops up. This works perfectly in Firefox, but the chart won't up date in Internet Explorer.

I am using the setDataXML function, and I have tried using the FC_Rendered function to make this work. Nothing has solved it. I keep getting the "Object doesn't support this property or method" on the setDataXML call.

Can anyone give me any new ideas?

Thanks,

Brent

Brent,

If you've an ActiveX object in a DIV and you set the visibility of DIV to hidden, IE actually unloads the object and then reloads it later.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know that. I think I handled that by setting a boolean in the FC_Rendered function, so setDataXML only gets called once the chart has rendered. Maybe I'm just doing something silly, but I just cannot figure out why it's doing this. I'll attach a snippet of my code:

function FC_Rendered(DOMId){

chartReady=true;

}

function updateChart(chartID, urlSuffix) {

$('#'+chartID+'ChildContainer').dialog('open');

if(chartReady) {

var strURL = "includes/php/data/drilldown/data_"+chartID+"Child.php" + urlSuffix;

var chartObj = getChartFromId(chartID+"Child");

jQuery.get(strURL, function(data) {

chartObj.setDataXML(data);

});

}

else

setTimeout ( function() {

updateChart(date);

},100);

}

Again, this works flawlessly in Firefox, but IE always throws that error.

On a side not, thanks to the FC team, I really enjoy working with your software, and it has met most of our needs quite well. Keep up the good work.

Brent