jrheard

Russia's mouseover not fully working in NewWorld map

Reposting this from the "Using FusionMaps" forum, since this is clearly the more appropriate forum for it (and I didn't get a response there):

Hi,

I've got the NewWorld map up and running (on a local network using private data, unfortunately, so I can't provide a link), and overall it's pretty awesome. I am having one problem, though - I've assigned "link" attributes to each of my elements, and they're all working just fine, except that when I mouse over Russia, the cursor doesn't turn into a hand (i.e. the CSS value cursor:pointer, or the hand you see when you mouseover a link). Clicking on Russia activates its "link" attribute just fine, it's just the mouseover bit that's broken. Any idea what's going on?

Here's the entity declaration for Russia in my map (swapping angle-brackets for regular brackets to deal with the forum:

[entity id='RU' value='16.36' link='javascript:asiaMap.renderMap();' /]

And yes, asiaMap.renderMap() is a working function defined elsewhere, and I've got a declaration in my entityDef section that looks like this:

[entity internalId='174' newId='RU' /]

Thanks a bunch,

-JR

Hi,

Thanks for your mail.

Could you please let us know which map swf you re using to set 'RU' as entity id for Russia?

Please also let us know the minor version of the map version that you are using. You can get it by setting debugMode on.

Hi Sudipto,

Sure: I'm using the FCMap_NewWorld.swf, and debug mode reports "Version: 3.0.6".

-JR

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Im having similar problems of those listed by jrheard. Im using the same map and doing a "hits by country" stats, using different colors according to the amount of hits, and everything works great except for the Russia entity. It doesnt matter if i change the entity value or add a color property to it...it will simply remain as if it had 0 hits, thus remaining with normal color.

There were also some minor things i had to change like some wrong and/or outdated TLDs. But still its an amazing map! Great work!

Note: Im using numeric IDs on entities, as suggested on the XML definition for the map. Maybe its a bug related to numeric IDs? Also, markers worked without any problem (i've tried the moscow one).

Edited by Guest