Webfab_Staffan

Problem with second call to the setDataUrl function in IE7

I use the Javascript object that is shipped with Fusion Chart v3.06 to load my chart, everything works fine in both FireFox and IE7 the first time that i load the graph. I use the setDataURL function to load the xml data into my Column3D.swf.

Now if i want to reload the graph once using the setDataURL function in IE7 i get an alert dialog that has the following error message "Out of memory on line: 286" but i FireFox it works fine, im sure that the first call to setDataURL has finished before calling it the second time this i've checked with the FC_Rendered function.

Any one else experience the same problems or have any ideas/solutions on how to fix this?

Hi,

This generally occurs when you have same id/name assigned to the chart's DOMId as well as other HTML element or used as variable name...please make sure to have unique chart DOMId...IE is incapable to determining which object to use for this function call...as if you have 2 or more students of the same name - John in a class and you ask for John...it would be difficult to determine which John you have asked for...and in our case IE 's mind traps into a memory leak...hence the error..

Firefox is smart enough and additionally figures out which object does really possesses/is capable of handling that function call and picks up smartly and perfectly....the chart object that is capable of handling the JS API 0 setDataURL()

I can confirm that this was the problem... although i stumbled on the solution my self for sometime ago i appritiate the response an maybe this thread will help som other dude that currently is banging his head at the wall for the same reason as i once did :)