Sign in to follow this  
chinmayu

Angular gauge Upper and Lower limit Issue

Hi All,

I am using Angular gauge to show some values which are being pulled from a table and then calculated using some formulas ..... finally the calculated value is shown on angular gauge ....

I am giving user the control to select upper and lower limit (or for that matter many other controls for ticks and trend values ... etc. but basically limits are posing problems ) .......

Now my problem is that, in certain conditions ..... the values generated are very small, based on time unit selected by user ... i.e for example the value to be shown is 0.0000456 ...... which the user may not imagine, and give the Lower limit and Upper limit as 0 and 100 resp, which is going to show the dial value so close to 0 so the user may think the chart is not working ..... also which wont look good.

So, is it possible in angular gauge to not specify upper and lower limits and that the upper and lower limits are self generated based on value to be plotted ...... (like in fusion charts) ?

Moreover .... you can simply forecast the effect of incorrect upper limits and lower limits on color range determination as well .... also how the color range can be made generic if no upper limit or lower limit is specified .....

Please help,

Thanks a million in advance,

Chinmay

Edit : Okay i got the limit issue .... if upper and lower are not specified .... the chart automatically adjusts the limits according to the dial value ......

So now the issue becomes the color range, how to solve this problem, i.e when upper and lower limits are not specified by the user how to divide the color range ?

I hope the problem is understood.

Waiting for a response.

Edited by Guest

Hello Chinmay,

Glad you figured out the first query already. :)

Setting Color Ranges: This has to be done programmatically to generate the XML based on data input by the user.

I think you can divide the data range (the difference between the highest and the lowest data entered by the user) into parts and use this to generate the XML.

Will that help?

Hi Saptarshi,

That's exactly what i wanted to know .... i am already doing it dynamically when user is specifying the upper and lower limits

But how do i manage color ranges when user is not specifying limits (When its not possible for user to imagine the outcome) .... i guess there is no default way in fusion widgets .

Thanks for replying

Warm Regards

Chinmay

Guest Rajroop

Hello Chinmay,

You are most welcome. :)

Saptarshi is right. You could dynamically calculate the limits of the data from the user's input and then set the chart attributes as you wish to. This has to be done via programming.

There are no, as you have guessed, default elements in FusionWidgets to accomplish this. :P

I hope this helps.