ReLexEd

Batch Export to png, Server-side - Undesirable behaviour

If come to the conclusion that if I have a large page with several charts on it, and without having actually seen every chart on the page in the viewport of the browser, send them to the export-functions it will not work.

If I scroll thru every chart on the page and then press my export button, it works OK.

Is this FC related? Or is it not possible to access the charts that have not yet been 'viewed' thru javascript?

Regards.

post-5957-128441574304_thumb.jpg

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

Welcome to the FusionCharts Forum. :)

Whenever a chart needs to export as image/PDF (either server-side or client-side), it first necessarily needs to render itself in browser.

(Ref: http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/ECProcess.html)

Once it has rendered in the browser, you can then invoke the JavaScript API to automatically start the export process, without needing any user action.

I hope this helps. :)

Hello Rajroop,

Do you have any examples with this (invoke the JavaScript API to automatically start the export process)? Sometimes I can have up to 5 charts on one page and I'm worried that the user will not scroll for them to all render.

I also had another question if you don't mind. on my page i'm exporting my charts on the server side and saving them as images (because when I export out to PDF the charts are really big and don't fit in the page) but as an image it is fine. I want to merge the images with a PDF I created with data... all with one click of a button :). do you have any examples of someone doing this using PHP?

any help with these questions is appreciated!!!!

thanks,

Pat