Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Legend background blank or not filled

Take a look at the attached jpg. The legend on my chart has little white squares that are outlined with the proper color, but I can't get the legend background to fill properly. This occurs when legendBgAlpha=100 and legendBgColor is the proper color. Below is the XML that I am using for the chart.

Here's an example dataset:

<dataset drawAnchors="1" legendBgAlpha="100" legendBgColor="6C7C93" anchorAlpha="100" anchorBgAlpha="100" 
anchorBgColor="6C7C93" showShadow="0" alpha="70" seriesname="Business, Weekday" showValues="0" textColor="6C7C93" 
color="6C7C93" areaBorderColor="6C7C93" areaBorderThickness="1">

This happens on all of my FusionChart graphs that use a legend. Is there a bug in the legend?

post-49-12844156357_thumb.jpg

The legend in FusionCharts is rendered using the block square character in HTML text fields. On some machines (due to certain charsets), this character is not displaying properly, and results in showing a hollow rectangle.

We're currently trying to resolve it - but it's taking longer, as we're unable to replicate the same on any of our machines. Thereby, the source of charset problem is yet undetected.

I'm also having this problem.

On 1 of our machines (XP Pro) we have IE7 with Flash Player 9, and Firefox 1 with Flash Player 8 - in both the legend doesn't fill the boxes with the colors.

Another machine with Firefox 2 and Flash Player 9 also gets the same thing.

So it seems to be across various versions of browsers & Flash but just on certain systems.

correct.gif

wrong.gif

If you want me to do anything to help you debug please let me know.

Can you please send us the following information:

Charset installed:

Support for which languages installed:

Browser:

Flash Player Version:

Charset installed: How do I check this?

Support for which languages installed: English UK & English US

Browser: It happens in all browsers that I tried (Firefox 1, Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Opera 9, Netscape 7, Netscape 8)

Flash Player Version: I treid both 8 and 9 the same happens with both these versions

I'm having the same problem. On my local PC with Windows XP Pro SP2 the legend has fill colors but when I run it on a Virtual PC having the same OS, only outlines were shown leaving white bgcolor. We've tried it on IE6, IE7 and Mozilla browsers with Adobe Flash player 9 installed for both local and virtual PCs. We have purchased FusionCharts Professional Developers license and we're hoping that you could help us fix this bug asap.