Sign in to follow this  
MrFast

Better international character support, please.

Hi everyone.

First, thank you FusionCharts for a great product!

A breeze to work with, great charts, smoth animation, very nice indeed!

I read thrugh the documentation and was suprised how many things you got right. Especially exiting was the JavaScript sections, which exposes methods to make charts "on the fly", interactively. Web 2.0 style (ok, not really, you have to init some chart areas and chart objects first, but good enough!).

Then my hopes was a little dented.

I have one major complaint. Your international character support really must be improved.

Today only dataURL (not dataXML), no slanted text, etc. 

For me (and anyone working in Europe) this makes it very difficult to use the charts in an interactive (read JavaScript) manner.

I read in the documentation that the slanted text problem comes from the embedded font, which only supports english characters. But there are many very similar fonts out there (free too), that supports many more characters. The standard ascii values for 256 characters in URL-encoding form will work in 100% of our cases. Here is a table http://www.backbone.se/urlencoding.htm.

Any chances you will include better support for international characters any time soon?

I.e. a similar embedded font to the one you are using, but with more charactes?

Without slanted text, I have a huge problem.

Apart from this, I am a happy guy.

/Hans

Hi,

We're currently trying to work on a process in which we wouldn't have to embed text. If it succeeds, you may soon be able to use any charset.

It's over year since first post in this topic.

Is any update available solving multibyte charset in rotated text problem?

Best regards for Team.