dfilip

Wrapping Y-Axis labels

Dear Fusion Support,

I have a bar chart with very long Y-axis label. Unfortunately, the labels take over most of the chart, leaving little room for the canvas. I have attached a sample chart, so that you can see what I am talking about.

Is it possible to get the Y-axis labels to wrap, so that they take less room? Ideally, I'd like to be able to control the entire area between the left of the canvas and the left border of the entire chart chart, such that I can define a fixed size, and the Y-axis labels will automatically wrap to fit in that space.

I see that there are various options for wrapping, staggering, etc., X-axis labels, but I can't find anything for Y-axis labels. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dave.

post-8228-128441584309_thumb.gif

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Dave,

Could you please try using ' ' as aline break for the long datalabels of the Bar Chart so that the canvas space does not get occupied much by the datalabels.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to control the entire area between the left of the canvas and the left border of the entire chart chart,

Please try setting the value of the "chartLeftMargin", "labelPadding" and "xAxisNamePadding" attribute in the <chart> element for the same.

For further details on the same, please refer to the link below:-

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/ChartSS/Bar2D.html

Also, please refer to the sample that we are sending you as an attachment.

Hope this helps. :)

barchart_sample.zip

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

You are most welcome.

Glad that it worked for you.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting. :)