Sign in to follow this  
dfilip

Save Chart to PDF or Graphic Blank w/Remote Logo

The title and summary basically says it: if I include a logo where the image resides on the same server as where FCExport is running, then I get a proper download (JPEG or PDF).

If the logo image resides on a different server as were FCExport is running, I still get a download (progress bar moves across) and a file is created, but the image is blank (white graphic or white PDF).

In both cases - no matter where the logo image resides - the logo is properly displayed on the chart.  The location of the logo image seems only to affect downloading using FCExport.

I understand that Flash has security limitations, so I tried creating a crossdoman.xml at the root of the server where logo graphic resides, but that did not help.  Since I'm not entirely sure how the crossdomain.xml file works, I also tried installing it on the server running FCExport. Neither one worked.

Below is the XML from my crossdomain.xml file, where domain1.com is the domain where FCExport is running and domain2.com is where the logo image resides.  I could post the XML from my charts, but since it works if both FCExport and the logo are on the same phsyical server, I believe I have the FusionCharts XML correct, and just need to figure out Flash security.  Unless you have any other ideas?

Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*.domain1.com" />

<allow-access-from domain="*.domain2.com" />

</cross-domain-policy>